• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Top Gear TV show

Very good, very funny British show on Wed nights 9 PM CDT on Discovery channel. Worth a look.

Top Gear Website HERE

Wed Episode:

Aug 25 20000 Top Gear. Can You Parachute Into a Moving Car? Jeremy Clarkson reviews the Ford GT and goes mountaineering with a Land Rover Discovery. ...

Funny review of Old Dodge Charger, "Brakes made of chewing gum." :biggrin: HERE

I have been Tivoing Top Gear since it has started playing on Discovery. I can't wait to get home from work on Thursdays to watch the previous nights episode. Last weeks show with the super car comparision was really good.

Jeremy Clarkson is pretty funny. Although, he does say in every eposide that whatever car he is driving is "the new benchmark" for something. The other two guys are a riot to watch. The one where they were using the cars as darts was great.

Last season (what you're watching) was REALLY good -- lots of lambo, carrera gt, zonda, enzo, and other supercars. :cool: And one of their funniest stories is the £1500 Porsche Challenge. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it, but it's extremely funny.

The 2005 Top Gear season which just finished was less exciting - there was only one Lambo review, and the F430. :p

Can I ask for an honest answer -- The Top Gear guys are constantly bagging American's and American-made cars. What do you guys think of their comments?

NeoNSX said:
Can I ask for an honest answer -- The Top Gear guys are constantly bagging American's and American-made cars. What do you guys think of their comments?

For the most part, I agree with them. Mostly just about fit/finish and reliability issues I've seen from American made cars. Unfortunately this is starting to become an issue with American made "foreign" cars now. (this is from my own personal experiences and opinion.)

I've REALLY been enjoying this show...some wickedly funny stuff and I find myself getting caught up in their enthusiasm for the cars. I'm so glad Discovery picked it up here. One of my English coworkers had been sharing clips with me over the past year (plus I've seen a number of clips on the net from time to time), so I knew I'd enjoy it. They've been compressing a lot of material into each episode for the U.S. version, so each show literally races by.

I was extremely bummed that my cable box tossed out my programming for last week, so I didn't get to see it (I think it was the Enzo episode)

And one of their funniest stories is the £1500 Porsche Challenge

I have to agree with you there. They aired it a few weeks ago...I was rolling! I also dug their train vs. car and plane vs. car challenges. And the things they did to that Toyota pickup...

As for American cars, I would never own one.

Wasn't there some talk about an American TopGear series?

I miss this show- When it was on Discovery I used to Tivo it regularly. All I get to see I get from the internet now...

Philip

KooLaid said:
I don't have cable or dish where I'm living at the moment. I'd like it if they put out a nice dvd season box set though :)

Yes you said something good there... They should release DVD box sets of the seasons, it would be a hit. I have several hundres Top Gear clips on the computer, I like to watch them more than once. Definately a market for it. :)

Back