• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Touchscreen Carplay unit that fits in NSX nav pod

Installed this Coral Vision unit inside my nav pod today. It's about 1-inch thick, so it fits easily inside the nav pod. No headunit, just Apple Carplay running off my iPhone.

installed.jpg

install.jpg

Last edited:
Def cool [emoji41]

COOL! Is it this Coral Vision device? If I could find a way to display info from my AEM Infinity on this, I’d buy today.

What bracket did you use to hold it in?

https://www.amazon.com/Coral-Vision...cphy=9015345&hvtargid=pla-1161616237333&psc=1

If you get an android unit you can use RealDash. The infinity can emit data over a CAN bus, you can get a CAN reader, then hook the reader up to a USB port on the display and away you go. Amazon sells a number of thin double din CarPlay android devices that should work, e.g. there is a binize android 10 for $200 with good reviews.

Not sure of the details with this unit, it may have everything you need

Last edited:
Yes, that's the correct link to the unit. I don't know what kind of output/connectors are used for the AEM unit, but this Coral Vision unit has an aux video in for a backup camera.

Def cool [emoji41]

If you get an android unit you can use RealDash. The infinity can emit data over a CAN bus, you can get a CAN reader, then hook the reader up to a USB port on the display and away you go. Amazon sells a number of thin double din CarPlay android devices that should work, e.g. there is a binize android 10 for $200 with good reviews.

Not sure of the details with this unit, it may have everything you need

Thanks! I have a USB dongle from the AEM Infinity into the cabin, which I use to hook up my laptop already for remote tuning. I’m assuming I can connect the same to one of these, if the data can be read by RealDash. If this is the case, that makes my life easier. Looks like I have a spring project.

Thanks! I have a USB dongle from the AEM Infinity into the cabin, which I use to hook up my laptop already for remote tuning. I’m assuming I can connect the same to one of these, if the data can be read by RealDash. If this is the case, that makes my life easier. Looks like I have a spring project.

I PM'd you with more info on CAN/AEMNet/RealDash so as not to threadjack. It should be pretty easy to set up

So now that you've been using this for a little while, how has the performance been? I definitely want to do it, but it sounds like there are still some issues with things like brightness settings and it being slow to respond.

I'd be all in if it's anything like the CarPlay unit (that was Android 8.0) I had in my Gallardo.

-Brad

Back