• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trade Sti for NSX...

I am just curious to see if there would be anyone interested in trading a late model, low mileage NSX for a 2004 wrx sti which has been thouroughly re worked with the following:

Engine:

Garret GT30 Turbo w/ custom up/downpipe
GT Spec headers
PE 850cc injectors
APS DR 650 bar and plate intercooler
Godspeed oil cooler
Godspeed triple core radiator w/Godspeed thermostat
Blitz dual drive blow off valve
Godspeed intake w/Blitz air filter
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust
Blitz silicone upper rad hose
Carbing Rad shroud
Hydra Nemisis full stand alone w/ 16bit data aquisition and wide band
HKS EVC 2
HKS knock amp
HKS turbo timer
Motul fluids
Perrin lightened crank pulley
T1R Voltage stabilizer
T1R Grounding kit

Driveline:

Cusco Type RS center diff (35/65 split)
Cusco Type RS front diff (1.5 way)
Cusco Type RS rear diff (1.5 way)
Cusco twin plate carbon clutch and flywheel assembly
Cartboy short throw shifter
Motul fluids

Suspension

Type 1 Racing Beta setup/ chromoly 32 way compression/rebound height and
stroke adjustable w/ pillow mounts and camber plates
Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars
Whiteline anti-lift kit
Whiteline end links
Cusco front tower bar
Cusco 6 point roll cage
SSR Competition 18x8.5 wheels w/ 245/35 Eagles
OZ Superleggara 19x8 wheels w/ 235/35 Kuhmos

Brakes:

Rotora 6 pot front/4pot rear calipers w/H2 ceramic pads and steel lines /
14.2" cross drilled/ vented 2 piece rotors (front) 13.2 cross drilled/vented
rotors rear

Aerodynamics:
Seibon Type-C carbon hood
Rotora JGTC rear wing
Cusco front lip w/ JGTC undertray

Other:

hi/low beam HID conversion
Sparco Milano Prestige leather Seats
Sparco hood pins
Full Defi Gauge package (Boost, Egt, oil temp, oil press., Fuel pressure,water temp)
Sti Titanium shift knob
Alpine CD deck w/ V12 amp, sub box, door speakers

The car is setup to run 20-21psi on pump gas. The Hydra is an incredibly versatile unit which is performing admirably. approx 15k miles, more pics available for anyone who is serious.

Cheers

Not quite sure how to post a pic, any help would be appreciated...

That's a beautiful car and excellently (and tastefully) done. If I had the money I would probably just buy it. :biggrin:

But I don't think you'll be ever to trade and NSX for it. Not because it's not an incredibly nice car, but that because both cars are special “enthusiast” cars. They are both special in their own unique way and it takes a real enthusiast to truly appreciate the intricacies of each. So in other words, a person who owns an NSX is going to be pretty passionate about the car and will have a true understanding and appreciation of it; much more than someone who doesn’t own one. The value of the car to the owner will always be greater than the someone who doesn’t own one or is looking to buy one. Likewise, the same could be said for the STI. That is why there are so few of them, because it takes a person with a true passion for the car to buy it. So basically what I’m saying it that a typical NSX owner will think their car is more valuable and you will think your STI is more valuable, even though on paper the actual $$ amounts may be exactly the same. It’s like trading your dog for someone else’s cat. :tongue: :biggrin: There is a personal value associated with each.

My suggestion is to keep the incredibly awesome car that you have. You obviously have spent some serious $$ and TLC making it a hot and uniquely “you” car. It breathes personality and character that is reflected in its owner. Why would you want to trade it?

Thanks for the inputs guys, I appreciate it.

Vegas, I agree with you in that our cash values will be similar, and it is ones personal opinion on the equipment that will matter.

I joined here just to get a feel for what I could do; I am a die hard Honda guy (CRX, Type-R, CBR1100) and I have always liked the NSX. This Subaru represents an ENOURMAS engineering feat(approx. 450bhp, and 30mpg and completely civilized) and as far as I am aware, there is nothing else in Canada like it.

That being said, if I do not find the appropriate NSX, I will not sell the Sti... it will just be retired with the rest of the toys and I'll move onto the next project, which in fact, arrives at the end of this month!!!

Ahhh, the joys of tinkering.

Cheers

Back