Transmission plug leaking ?

I noticed some moisture around the plug that drains the transmission the other day while I was fixing a flat...

Are there any gaskets in that area that could be leaking and replace them without having to tear apart the whole tranny? what do u guys think?

Thanks

NSXJunkie

Originally posted by NSXJunkie:
I noticed some moisture around the plug that drains the transmission the other day while I was fixing a flat...

Are there any gaskets in that area that could be leaking and replace them without having to tear apart the whole tranny? what do u guys think?

Junkie- There is not a single gasket in the whole trans. It is all HondaBonda sealer which is like UltraGray. There are three aluminum crush washers- one each drain and fill plugs and one on the small plug that can be removed to measure oil pressure from the pump. There are two seals- one each on the two shift shaft seals, and that's it. The three detent housings and the end plug also use just HondaBond. If it's just moisture don't worry about it. If it never hits the ground, it probabally isn't worth the money. I'd clean it real good and see what gets wet specifically. If you can see what part gets wet, let me know.

Cheers,
Mark Basch

Thanks

NSXJunkie

Mark, thanks for the detailed reply!

I'm taking the car to the shop next week sometime to have the dealer look at it... hopefully it won't be too serious!

Thanks for all your info... I'll let you guys know what it turns out to be.

Thanks, NSXJunkie

Back