• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

tried out my new SOS mega cooling system

had bad overheat problems at the track. this is in low boost mode, 500 rwhp. Even running my heater on full blast, the needle would almost peg the red, forcing me to dial it back to 20% after maybe 5 laps if the ambients were over 80.

had SOS put in their custom monster radiator, along with a custom dual fan shroud. I was able to run 100% at the track the entire session. it's been a LONG time since i could do that on a warm day. My temps got as high as 220, and the needle was a couple/three clicks off of red (vs. before when it would be brushing it until i backed down).

unfortunately it enabled me to flog the car hard enough to cause a new mechanical issue. shyte. On the plus side, didn't get passed once!

Last edited:
had bad overheat problems at the track. this is in low boost mode, 500 rwhp.

How do your IAT's run at those boost levels on the track? Are you running an external oil cooler? Is the OEM Oil to Water cooler in the loop still?

Dave

How do your IAT's run at those boost levels on the track? Are you running an external oil cooler? Is the OEM Oil to Water cooler in the loop still?

Dave

Ok... iat running 110 ish no external oil cooler. I think all my oem parts still there..

Also as fyi the install looks like it came from Honda... a casual nsx owner would not know it was aftermarkwt... yes... even an OWNER might not realize its not oem i because the parts and install were so well done..

Last edited:
Back