• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Truck lid support struts

The support struts no longer hold up the trunk lid. I replaced the originals some years ago for the same problem. Is there a way to fix them, or am I back to another replacement? '93, Blk,Blk; Ray Lucas

You can get them rebuilt. Although I don't think it's as cost effective as it used to be.

Strutwise, if they are still around will rebuild them. If you do a search I think it was around $35/each some years ago.

I replaced my back in 2007, $80/pair from Ray Laks, including the balls. I just ordered some parts from Prime Vendor:

NSX_PrecisionTeam, contact Gerad at 775-229-7779

SOS sells aftermarket replacements too I think.

HTH's

Last edited:
i got brand new OEM ones for 36 bucks each from the dealer.

nothing is better than OEM except the SOS for the extra 2 inches of lift LOL

Frank Irvine at Strutwise does good work. He did my rear window struts in 2006 and my truck lid struts in 2010. Call him toll free for an estimate 888 589 1208

Frank Irvine at Strutwise does good work. He did my rear window struts in 2006 and my truck lid struts in 2010. Call him toll free for an estimate 888 589 1208

+1

I was there last November i met him very nice guy ,he did 4ea trunk strut
for me pick up same day.He got nice shop in the back yard. Here is couple of pictures.

Mohammed
DSC01930.JPG

DSC01931.JPG

+++ for Strutwise. Just had mine done with an extremely fast turnaround time and reasonable price. Now I have my OEM struts working better than new and none of the shortfalls of the aftermarket offerings.

Peter

http://www.strutwise.com/prod.php?id=2

I just called Frank, owner of Strutwise. He will rebuild the NSX Trunk Strut the same day he recieves them at a cost of $23 each. That is a deal! You keep your OEM Struts this way and keep the OEM look as well!

I just called my local Acura dealer and they are $35.90 each. $70.00 for a brand new pair OEM Trunk Struts is a great deal!

I can tell you the SOS struts are not very good. They don't sell them anymore.

I installed SOS struts in Dec 2007, and less than four years later, they are starting to sag, even in warm weather.

So I will be replacing them again soon, probably with new OEM.

yea but for the same price you can get OEM NEW ones.

doesnt make sense to me inless you live to far from a Dealer.

Shawn nailed it! You can get OEM for $35 each if you buy the pair so long as your dealer has them in stock. Full retail ($49?) if they have to order them. Why take a chance to save $20??? Besides, no matter what anyone says, these just don't look factory. They don't sit perfectly straight and I would bet lunch that they will eventually snap the connecting rod attached to the trunk lid. Then you got big problems!

Go with the OEM folks!

Last edited:
Just replaced mine.
Paid $44 each at the acura dealer.

Back