• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk Release Button FAIL

My trunk release button doesn't work. Maybe it never did (since I purchased it). Is there something silly that I don't know about that can cause this to not work? I have to manually open it with the key--which is not often.

Secondly, I ordered a keyless entry fob (didn't come with my set) and it only unlocks the doors, not the trunk. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Trunk Release: There is a switch inside of your glove compartment. It is meant to disable the trunk release on the door for valet or similar situations. Check that it is ON.

OEM Keyless Entry: Does not open the trunk.

Doesn't anyone read their owner's manual anymore??? Why not spend an hour to read it and learn EVERYTHING about your car instead of waiting years to find it on your own. I'm sure you'll find even more features about the car you didn't know about.

Doesn't anyone read their owner's manual anymore??? Why not spend an hour to read it and learn EVERYTHING about your car instead of waiting years to find it on your own. I'm sure you'll find even more features about the car you didn't know about.

Nope! Eg. When I got my first S2000 I was sooooo impatient to take it from the dealership that I forgot the manual and didn't ask how to fill it up. Fast forward 45mins after driving the car with delivery fuel and I pull up to the gas station. Do you think I could figure out where the fuel release button is?

NO! I couldn't call the dealership as they had already closed so I kept fumbling around for 1 hour until luckily another S2k owner pulled up and laughed his arse off when I told him I couldn't find the button. Its on the door sill behind the drivers seat and you need to pull it not press it! Dumbass!:tongue:

Doesn't anyone read their owner's manual anymore???

Nope!

Dumbass!:tongue:

I respect that Jetpilot3 calls it like it is...even on himself.

Also, some of this stuff should fall under "common knowledge" or otherwise be evident given their prevalence in other cars. For decades foreign and domestic cars with electronic trunk latches (instead of simple cable-pull latches) have had a switch in the glove box to disable (and generally the valet key doesn't open the glove box, so it is a way to secure valuables even when giving the keys up). The S2000 fuel door latch is a bit of a design change for Honda (round knob instead of lever) and is far enough back to take a second or third look to locate...but I'm not sure why there is surprise that it needs to be pulled (I've never seen a car where the fuel door release was not cable-operated...and cable=pull).

Mmmm, men read instructions???? That's funny.:biggrin:

Hi,

well... i didn't... my Owner's Manual is in German....it don't help one bit....i had to discover things throughout my ownership... and read Prime helped in everything i needed...search is indeed a precious friend :wink:

Nuno

My glove box button its on, and still my trunk wont open.

When I press the release button on the door ,
I can hear the mechanisim working/cliking but the trunk wont wont pop open??

What do you guys think the problem is?

-MSR

My glove box button its on, and still my trunk wont open.

When I press the release button on the door ,
I can hear the mechanisim working/cliking but the trunk wont wont pop open??

What do you guys think the problem is?

-MSR

You probably hear the solenoid energizing.. but it has to be connected to the release cable which attaches to some levers in order to pop the trunk latch.. Basically it's some 'paperclips' and plastic bits arranged in such a way that the cable or key mechanism can trigger the release. If the plastic has degraded or is broken, then you're probably in trouble! I suggest figuring out where the solenoid is and tracing it from there. As long as the key still opens the trunk you should be able to locate the issue.

-j

You guys are awesome. All I had to do is google my trunk release problem and bam! got this answer about the glove compartment button and that's all that it was. Thanks!

Back