• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TUF 10: Moment of Truth for Kimbo

Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson

• Kimbo Slice

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Roy Nelson

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Arguably one of the most controversial "fighters" on TUF 10 will be going against Roy Nelson in next weeks episode of TUF 10.

My pick will be Kimbo ONLY because in Nelsons' last 10 fights, the fight went to decision 3 times, and he either won/loss due to strikes. If this becomes a stand-up war, IMO Kimbo has the edge.

Nelson is a BJJ under Renzo Grazie, so if this goes to the ground, without a shadow of a doubt, Nelson will be victorious.

Opinions???

Last edited:
I know who is helping Kimbo with his wrestling training presently, and if the his trainer is anything like his dad, Kimbo is going to be in top form.

To me this is a toss up because I don't have nearly enough footage of either fighter to make an informed guess. Having said that, I'm going with Kimbo simply because he's come in with a humble and willing to learn attitude. Surprisingly, in fact, he's the most humble and eager to learn fighter on the show; which to some degree has won me over. By contrast, Roy seems like the brash, stubborn and uncoachable fighter. So on attitude, and attitude alone, I'll go with Kimbo.

I have only recently gotten interested in MMA, so I don't know much about Roy Nelson- was he always such a porker?

What I can say is that cardio/stamina appears to be the key to heavyweight MMA fighting, and neither Wes, nor James had very much last evening. They were both gassed by mid first round. From the looks of it whomever can keep their hands up will probably win next weeks fight.

Based on appearences alone I'd favor Kimbo as it appears he has had some conditioning, and as others have said seems to have come into this looking for mentoring. Nelson looks like a guy you might see standing in line for 5ths at the Golden Corral starting shit because somebody took the last hotwings and cheese sticks.

Just sayin

P

I'm going with Kimbo simply because he's come in with a humble and willing to learn attitude. Surprisingly, in fact, he's the most humble and eager to learn fighter on the show; which to some degree has won me over. By contrast, Roy seems like the brash, stubborn and uncoachable fighter. So on attitude, and attitude alone, I'll go with Kimbo.

I agree with this, will be interesting to watch either way. Kimbo seems to learn fast too, his conditioning will help get him out of some tough spots if it goes to ground.

I was the first to show all my friends the kimbo fights. I have been following UFC since 1. Not knowing toooo much about Nelson i still think he will beat Kimbo without a doubt. I have seen kimbo knocked out twice now by 200lb guys in a matter of minutes. He is starting to realize something everyone says as a fighter... Its not about how many times you have knocked someone out, its who you fought that you knocked out. Big difference between shady drug dealers fighting in backyards and athletes that have been training and learning MMA their whole life. Granted Nelson is not a good example of a good MMA fighter.

Roy wins this.

What I can say is that cardio/stamina appears to be the key to heavyweight MMA fighting, and neither Wes, nor James had very much last evening. They were both gassed by mid first round. From the looks of it whomever can keep their hands up will probably win next weeks fight.

This is true, but these guys are training one day, then fighting the next. So they have absolutely no time to regain their energy. Unlike the finals where they have some time to regain some energy to look tip top form.

Roy wins due to his better ground skills. I can appreciate Kimbos heart and willingness to learn but he was just out skilled, once on the ground Roy "dominated", Kimbo had nothing. I agree his punches weren't devastating but he controlled the majority of the fight. I think Kimbo could be trained to be a good MMA fighter. What I didn't like was the way Dana just talked $hit about Roy, no his punches weren't hard but he still beat your intended cash cow, give the man credit! Goes back to what I said before, Dana White is a business man first and foremost and not in it for the best interest of the fighters, I am sure he was looking forward to the hype and money Kimbo would bring with his hype. That said I am sure Kimbo will be back.

Back