• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TurboTrix setup Tuned by Mark French

Well.....once again I am without my car courtesy of TurboTrix of Edison,NJ master AEM tuner Mark French...lol. Seems as if when you push the limits of the stock fuel lines/rail you tend to make neat play dough creations out of the tops of your pistons on the rear bank. Not to mention when you drill return lines in oil pans while still installed on the motor the wonders that the shavings do to all your bearing journals. To their credit, my car made big power for a while(about 350 miles), even with melted pistons. Luckily for me, I was getting ignored by them for a return call regarding the smoking issues I was having under boost conditions that a few Primers had the displeasure of experiencing at the last NSX-Stock this year.....sorry guys. So after being fed up with their lack of response I called Cody at Love Fab for what I thought,as did he, would be a retune at his facility. I had to have one of my friends with a CPU engineering background figure out how to get in a "back door" of my AEM after Mark had texted me finally that he would not allow me to view his tune that I had paid for (common practice of many tuners). Well after seeing the tune I knew why he didn't want anyone to see it...lol. Anyway, I feel fortunate to have Cody straightening out all my issues and will post up my new dyno sheets/pics when I get the car back in my possession again. If any of you would like a copy of the tune or pics of my engine damage let me know I will glady email them to you if you like. In the very beginning I was warned that TurboTrix was where Evo's went to die and now I know why. $14k turbo kit on a built motor with a sh**ty tune will cost you another $10k motor every day of the week.

P.S. Mark if you read this you should never leave the overboost cutoff at 60 psi... nothing good can come of it.

Live and learn as they say. I asked them since they are a wiseco dealer to get me a set of new pistons to lighten the blow on my wallet for their errors and was not even given a response after emailing them pics of my pistons and my oil pan which still had all the metal from the drilling attached to the inside of the pan where it went through as well as matching diameter pieces on the bottom of the pan. Its all good though as long as no one else has to deal with their BS cause my new build includes some aftermarket rods this time and a fresh resleeve...so...more boost!!!!!:biggrin:

I really hate hearing stories like this:mad: One thing is for sure, your car is safe in the hands of LoveFab....

I figured your car could not be tuned right after seeing/smelling your emisions:eek: Unless someone reads your entire post casual lurkers may think you are endorsing turbotrix...well you and swerve can cry on each others shoulders:wink:..good luck with the rebuild..

No crying on anyones shoulder here.....my car blown up was still faster than yours will ever be....lol:tongue: The reason for my thread was to hopefully discourage anyone on the boards here from having to go through a similiar experience as mine with TurboTrix or Mark French since over the past few years I have seen their shop mentioned around here for tuning issues.

No crying on anyones shoulder here.....my car blown up was still faster than yours will ever be....lol:tongue: ].

Apparently a lawn mower with 3 hp is faster than a poorly tuned FI NSX with melted pistons. :wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Stickin' up for you Doc!

I really hate hearing stories like this:mad: One thing is for sure, your car is safe in the hands of LoveFab....

I second both parts of that, nothing is worse than putting faith (and money) in someones' hands and ending up getting screwed -

No doubt Cody will make it all better - WAY better from the sounds of it.:cool:

Last edited:
Apparently a lawn mower with 3 hp is faster than a poorly tuned FI NSX with melted pistons. :wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Stickin' up for you Doc!

thanks, I've had toasted motors in the past..no fun, although I would dispute the claim that an nsx with a nonfunctioning motor was quicker than one running on all cylinders:wink:

My car was running up until the day Cody dropped the motor out of it...lol
the cranking compression never dropped below 105 lbs on any one cylinder...so the motor was already blown at our last get together at nsx-stock this year....so...back to what I originally said:smile: In fact after test driving the car Cody did not suspect the suprise he found until after he performed the compression/leakdown tests

Sucks.... At least you have a happy ending now.

May I ask why you took your car there in the first place if you knew that it's where Evo's go to die? Does he have a good track record with other cars? Or is the NSX really that difficult to tune or less forgiving than most?

Stephen

Well.....once again I am without my car courtesy of TurboTrix of Edison,NJ master AEM tuner Mark French...lol. Seems as if when you push the limits of the stock fuel lines/rail you tend to make neat play dough creations out of the tops of your pistons on the rear bank. Not to mention when you drill return lines in oil pans while still installed on the motor the wonders that the shavings do to all your bearing journals. To their credit, my car made big power for a while(about 350 miles), even with melted pistons. Luckily for me, I was getting ignored by them for a return call regarding the smoking issues I was having under boost conditions that a few Primers had the displeasure of experiencing at the last NSX-Stock this year.....sorry guys. So after being fed up with their lack of response I called Cody at Love Fab for what I thought,as did he, would be a retune at his facility. I had to have one of my friends with a CPU engineering background figure out how to get in a "back door" of my AEM after Mark had texted me finally that he would not allow me to view his tune that I had paid for (common practice of many tuners). Well after seeing the tune I knew why he didn't want anyone to see it...lol. Anyway, I feel fortunate to have Cody straightening out all my issues and will post up my new dyno sheets/pics when I get the car back in my possession again. If any of you would like a copy of the tune or pics of my engine damage let me know I will glady email them to you if you like. In the very beginning I was warned that TurboTrix was where Evo's went to die and now I know why. $14k turbo kit on a built motor with a sh**ty tune will cost you another $10k motor every day of the week.

P.S. Mark if you read this you should never leave the overboost cutoff at 60 psi... nothing good can come of it.

Sorry to hear about the problems your having with your NSX. I remember when we where at NSX-Stock, your car did have a lot of black smoke coming out of the tail pipe. I was just looking at Turbo Trix website and looks like their main line of car that they build are Evos.

Hope everything works out, and see u next year at NSX-Stock.

Bryan

After what seeems to have been a an i-phone/email glitch Mark has agreed to step up to the plate and supply me with new pistons at n/c and also get me a set of rods at his cost to help offset my engine rebuilding costs.

So here we are almost a year later after Mark from Turbo Trix agreed to supply me with a set of pistons....should have known he was blowing smoke up my azz to make this thread go away. No pistons, no returned messages or texts :mad:. Oh well, I should have known to expect nothing from them. I just happened to speak with the forum member here a couple weeks ago that bought my supercharger and had them do the install as well and he let me know that they used silicone instead of new o rings on his fuel injectors that I supplied with the kit.....HACKS!!! He designed, built and tuned my car and for his errors in design of the fueling system at the power level it was at it cost me one built motor and now the $10k rebuild of that motor of which he has chosen to ignore completely. DO NOT LET THEM WORK ON YOUR CAR or you will be sorry in the end.

Back