• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Twin Turbo or Supercharge??? Need your opinions

It could be several things I suppose. I'm not sure about the unequal pressure theory under boost, but possibly since the intake is rather complex. Could be that the fuel from the auxiliary injectors is not well atomized or for other reasons does not mix evenly with the intake air. Are yours side-by-side or one over the other on the BEGI intake adapter? I've seen them both ways and wonder why the change. It could also be that two of your primary injectors are weak or partly clogged, but for them both to be at the far end is a bit too much of a coincidence.

Let me hasten to say that I do not present myself as an authority on anything, but my tech described an FI engine {and it had a roots type blower, which is different from the turbos, of course) in which the there was a pulse created by the blower that created a standing wave resonance in the plenum with center ports receiving a low pressure supply and end ports receiving a high pressure supply. Thus the injector created a different fuel/air ratio in the different cylinders. His point was that flow into a plenum is supposed to create equalized pressures at each port, but sometimes it does not happen for subtle reasons.

What sjs suggests also sounds feasible, although it does seem to require two separate injector systems to fail in the same way? In any case, I understood that the problem seems to afflict the pistons located at one end of the engine, so I would think one would look for something they have in common, the air supply seems to fit the bill and, depending on how the injectors are arranged, perhaps the injector setup.

My guy said that the fact that there was no visible pitting of the piston tops did not stop him from believing that it was detonation. What kind of gas and boost were you running, by the way?

anvil

[This message has been edited by anvil (edited 08 August 2002).]

Sorry!
smile.gif

Just caught the other thread. Scratch those last two questions.

anvil

Back