• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

UCLA Student, Speaks outs on Asians in Library

- I heard she was expelled.
- a dumb broad is a dumb broad regardless if she's white, black, yellow, brown, purple, or green
- s14_tat - you know she's talking about the Koreans LOL
- most importantly... i'd still hit it. boing chica boom boom

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lOGpGoEMu2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

more spoofs..
http://chingchonglinglongtingtong.com/

It's really not a big deal. I'm Asian, and I really couldn't care less. Not saying it's right or nice, but people are also just being hyper sensitive.

It's really not a big deal. I'm Asian, and I really couldn't care less. Not saying it's right or nice, but people are also just being hyper sensitive.

Agreed.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Best you can do is to defy the negative ones. :biggrin:

+1. Expelling a student for being racially insensitive is IMHO taking it over board. I heard a lot worse things said to my face by frat boys in College. I just fired back at them. This is in the grand scheme of life a harmless video blog. Hey at least it got some dialog going.

Amen brother! What's worse is I am Asian but clearly don't look it...born..raised in the Philippines both folks and grandparents from there. Yet people think I am Hispanic. Even got accused of lying once when I worked in a bank. Lady flat out wouldn't believe I didn't speak Spanish. Me and my boss just laughed at her and her as even he couldn't talk her down from her rant. :rolleyes:

I went to UCLA and I'm Asian, does that get me anything in this conversation? :)

Seriously though, I would probably suspend her. Yeah some of us are tough skinned, but I think she showed a serious lack of judgment in making this video. You do something like this at your job and your HR department is going to probably be all over you and you might get fired. Nothing wrong with teaching this girl some discipline, she obviously needs it.

Amen brother! What's worse is I am Asian but clearly don't look it...born..raised in the Philippines both folks and grandparents from there. Yet people think I am Hispanic. Even got accused of lying once when I worked in a bank. Lady flat out wouldn't believe I didn't speak Spanish. Me and my boss just laughed at her and her as even he couldn't talk her down from her rant. :rolleyes:

Ed,
I'm not saying the above lady was right for accusing you of lying but you know that there is a lot of Spanish history in the Philippines. Features, skin tone and last names of many Filipino's make it easy for people to think they are hispanic. My wife of neary 20 years:smile: is Filipino and has hispanic features and her maiden name is Chico.

We have to do another drive before you move.
Les

Back on topic, I loved the two guys who did videos in response to her video.

Last edited:
I went to UCLA and I'm Asian, does that get me anything in this conversation? :)

Seriously though, I would probably suspend her. Yeah some of us are tough skinned, but I think she showed a serious lack of judgment in making this video. You do something like this at your job and your HR department is going to probably be all over you and you might get fired. Nothing wrong with teaching this girl some discipline, she obviously needs it.

No expelling nor suspending. It is too harsh for her. she is probably in a lot of trouble with her parents and the faculty at UCLA already. However, I would recommend the UCLA board to have her take the class of Asian culture for 1 quarter so she would understand other cultures, besides the American culture.

- I heard she was expelled.
- a dumb broad is a dumb broad regardless if she's white, black, yellow, brown, purple, or green
- s14_tat - you know she's talking about the Koreans LOL
- most importantly... i'd still hit it. boing chica boom boom

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lOGpGoEMu2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

more spoofs..
http://chingchonglinglongtingtong.com/

I like this guy, too funny.

The real crime here is the difference in her ummm...assets between the you tube video and her pictures...talk about false advertising...:tongue:

In all seriousness, I don't think she should be suspended for voicing her opinion, mocked and humiliated sure...however it's an opinion without any threat behind it..that would be a whole different story.

Too bad she used her 15 minutes of fame on this. :biggrin:

whoa you're moving? where to Ed?

It was thoughtless of her to create and post the video, though she will come out fine. Her daddy is a retail land developer up here in NorCal.

You know, the shit she says does make a point. Being a CBC Asian, I shake my head at the FOB Asians that have no respect or consideration for others. But I wouldn't go on youtube and post my rant, lol.

Really! you know her dad? Where Scaramento?

Don't know them, but yes, in the Sacramento region; Fair Oaks.
Some reports show people posted her parents home address online. Not excusing her actions, and I don't know if anything bad happened because of it, but those who posted her parent's address took it a little far.

Last edited:
Don't know them, but yes, in the Sacramento region; Fair Oaks.
Some reports show people posted her parents home address online. Not excusing her actions, and I don't know if anything bad happened because of it, but those who posted her parent's address took it a little far.

If you hadn't notice that's the norm now whenever someone does something extremely dumb on the internet. Everyone rides on the beatdown wagon and they are all trying to outdo eachother in the online beatdown they are giving the person.... eventually home address get posted, pictures of said person get posted, people start driving up to the houses, etc (NSXprime is even guilty of this... remember NSX Nick or whatever his name was).... it's really stupid imo but whatever that's just how it's going to be from now on.

In regards to what she said she's probably right but a video blog was the incorrect action to correcting the problem. If she simply would of reported it to the librarians that it's a problem in their library the faculty could of taken care of the matter.

Last edited:
Back