• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

UK access to car for deposit holders

The R1**** plate you are referring to belonged to someone I know. That's long since been sold. The plates is now on a turbo s convertible.

My Gtr is never used, it's sitting at litchfields who are the main uk tuning house for them waiting to be sold.

I drive an A5 diesel cab to Bushey everyday.

ME55 U** but I'll look out for the jaguar.

Not been to the battleaxes since my stag do! Pass there daily during school drop off though.

You didn't explain about the black roof yet!

It's funny how certain things stick in my brain yet other things don't.

the black roof, I just said I do not want a carbon roof, the car is being built to my spec not Honda's ( as Honda's pre blurb about the NSX has been going on about for 2 years " this is the first Honda 100% configured by the customer"

Owen ( sales support mgr / UK NSX project leader) said he needed to ask Raj whether this was a technical reason, needless to say I raised an eyebrow to that

so basically I am awaiting confirmation that the roof will be black and I will be paying 10000 less for my car (my piss taking considering $1200 becomes £2995 for illuminated door sills)

i intend emailing Owen tomorrow ( copying in Phil Webb, Phil Crossman) with my thanks for the evening, clarifying some of the specs pertaining too me and confirming his comments regarding Goodwood tickets, OHIO factory visit, UK press launch

why shouldn't customers get to drive the car 1st, the press have all been to the USA and even good / bad reviews makes no difference as all sold out

Battleaxes far better now , Fisheries is dire

Last edited:
I'd happily knock £10k off for no carbon roof. It was a stupid option to standardise in uk spec. Doing that would allow me to remove all carbon and knock £20k off the price tag. I'd be much happier with £140k than £160k.

Am surprised they are entertaining this.

I wouldn't touch the fisheries, am still upset the alpine is gone.

You should try kiss kiss in Elstree.

HUK are so far out of their depth with this project
Did you get out of anyone 'the standard specification for this car is...'
Does your order confirmation even say there is a car as part of it?
For this type of product the specification is beyond strange (Carbon roof std; sat nav together with parking sensors optional (but camera std I think) ; an ashtray optional at £25 so we can have a sliding cover over the hole)

As for the roof one can but ask.

1998 I had the opportunity to pre order one of the very 1st Audi S3's, 6 months before launch we were asked what we wanted it to have, 3 months later they gave us the price (29k instead of 25k) but as the pre orders we could have any colour, options we liked because as Audi said 'everyone is built to a customers order' So Azure blue, black leather with blue alcantara inserts, bose, sat nav, sun roof

Its a couple of years since I've been to the Alpine. I will give the place in Elstree a look

HUK are so far out of their depth with this project
Did you get out of anyone 'the standard specification for this car is...'
Does your order confirmation even say there is a car as part of it?
For this type of product the specification is beyond strange (Carbon roof std; sat nav together with parking sensors optional (but camera std I think) ; an ashtray optional at £25 so we can have a sliding cover over the hole)

As for the roof one can but ask.

1998 I had the opportunity to pre order one of the very 1st Audi S3's, 6 months before launch we were asked what we wanted it to have, 3 months later they gave us the price (29k instead of 25k) but as the pre orders we could have any colour, options we liked because as Audi said 'everyone is built to a customers order' So Azure blue, black leather with blue alcantara inserts, bose, sat nav, sun roof

Its a couple of years since I've been to the Alpine. I will give the place in Elstree a look

Jason confirmed that one deposit holder wants a black non carbon roof. He also said there's no guarantee it will be doable, but he can note my interest. He did confirm in the unlikely event that it would be possible, there would be no discount on the price of the car which is what I expected.

I'm sticking with my carbon choice it looks.

Hi

has anyone heard anything yet?
I understand a brochure is arriving imminently but, I guess it will be very basic.
And nothing yet about our Goodwood FS invites

I'm starting to nervous about my purchase. Am losing faith only due to the 2 year wait for the car.

I find myself much more excited by Tesla's developments.

If my car was coming end of this year I'd be fine but December 17 delivery is lame.

Don't get nervous, get even.
email Steve Tucker asking him for more info, Goodwood FOS hospitality tickets, maybe F1 tickets

however if you read Dario Franchiti's page in EVO this month you'll be smiling at the end knowing that hopefully we're on a goldmine

still seen no A5 Cab cruising through Bushey :)

Hi guys, was wondering if we had any other updates regarding delivery and so on? I am currently speaking with Jason at Crown Honda who has advised I am looking at build date of end of 2017.

Back