• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unicorn for sale!

New clutch and flywheel @ 42k? Sounds like someone was a little tough on the ol' girl... :rolleyes: :tongue:

Interesting. This one is local to me, but I've never seen or heard of this car, neither locally nor on Prime. I might go check it out if I have time.

if you check out the carfax on this, looks like this 3rd owner really enjoyed it based on the miles..

Never thought Ivory interior could look so nice.. hope she finds a good home.

I was surprised to like the white interior, but I did.

I contacted the owner.
His response.
"
Current mileage is 47,600 mi.
60K Service is:
Clutch and flywheel (Already Done- the only expensive service for this
car)
Timing belt and water pump (only a few hundred for both services)
The clutch and flywheel was replaced 42K miles at Dealer: Steven's Creek Honda. I have all the documents. I replaced the clutch because it was slipping. "

I contacted the owner.
His response.
"
Current mileage is 47,600 mi.
60K Service is:
Clutch and flywheel (Already Done- the only expensive service for this
car)
Timing belt and water pump (only a few hundred for both services)
The clutch and flywheel was replaced 42K miles at Dealer: Steven's Creek Honda. I have all the documents. I replaced the clutch because it was slipping. "

Heh, either he already knows what the service includes and costs, and is trying to sell to someone who doesn't know, or he is in for a big shock when he asks.

If anyone is serious about this car, I can go check it out.

Heh, either he already knows what the service includes and costs, and is trying to sell to someone who doesn't know, or he is in for a big shock when he asks.

I'll be your excuse to check it out. :smile:

I thought ivory was only available on early model NSXs.:confused:
Yes. This is white, not ivory :smile:

494px-2002colors.jpg

ICBW but I think he doesn't know since he also thinks the TB and WP are 60k services. Unfortunately, it's time to do that service and someone might want to let him know the real cost and that it is time to do it.

Also, I agree--42K miles for a clutch is on the very low side. I would venture to guess the car hasn't been babied.

All things considered I think the car's price should probably be closer to $50K. The only thing the car has going for it is its rarity of colors. It's a textbook Pricing FAQ "C" condition car that may have been driven hard and needs at least $1,500-2,000 of work that's been deferred. In this buyer's market I wouldn't pay more than high $40s for it personally. If it was the car I was looking for I could maybe pony up $50-52k but that's about where I'd stop.

I've never seen this car around and I'm local to him as well.....looks like he's firm on the price so forget negotiating but if you are serious about this car I can drop by to inspect it for you. I am a super anal car guy and can find scratches on anything....haha

I should add this car to the 02-05 white registry thread!

rk

I've never seen this car around and I'm local to him as well.....looks like he's firm on the price so forget negotiating but if you are serious about this car I can drop by to inspect it for you. I am a super anal car guy and can find scratches on anything....haha

rk

i said the same thing when this thread started, went to the 02-05 gpw thread and member 'ben' had already added it...

that list is getting pretty complete!

rk

If you have time, let's go check it out together. I'm curious to see this car if you are up for it. I've already added this car to my list in the 02-05 white thread.

GPW is sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot :eek:

Also, I agree--42K miles for a clutch is on the very low side. I would venture to guess the car hasn't been babied.

I've seen lots of clutch jobs required on ultra low mileage cars. Typically, women owned. :biggrin:

Riding a clutch will wear it out in short order. Just putting it out there, it is very possible a car can need an early clutch job and yet has never been taken over 3000rpm or abused in the way you guys are thinking. It's just as likely to have been owned by some 65 yr old doctor who didn't know any better.

FWIW, I know nothing about this particular vehicle, so maybe it was beaten like a rented mule. I'm just saying...

Back