• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Unofficial" PICTURE THREAD: 11th Annual CalCoastal NSX Canyon Drive

What vid camera were you using?

It's a Contour HD 1080p on a Panavise suction cupped window mount. I just got a Countour Roam super wide 175degree lens versus the 135degree used in this video. Might have additional rear facing footage next time! :biggrin:

Thank you, Randy and friends.

I enjoyed many photo.
I have joined Canyon ball drive that Alex Vizcarra introduced in 2000 or 2001.
Guus Toth from Netherland, one of my best friends has come,too.
But he died by tumor in his head few years later.
This event was memorable time for us.

I hope I have a chance to join you.
I am looking forward to seeing many NSX lovers in SoCal:smile:.

Hirofumi

Last edited:
I (X-Toy), in my Black 3.8, and Ilya in his CT Supercharged Red '92 were in slow pace to open some road in front for some "spirited" driving. When we opened it up, we were joined by a surprise guest that slipped in between us! The three of us wound through the roads until we finished with a surprising and exciting end. Enjoy!

P.s. We never crossed the double yellow...even Ilya with his controlled 180!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olz3VpJ1B2I

Love that video. Going to have to post it to my facebook page. :biggrin:

Maybe the title should read "What happens when the front brakes work really well.... and the rear ones not so much." :tongue:

Love that video. Going to have to post it to my facebook page. :biggrin:

Maybe the title should read "What happens when the front brakes work really well.... and the rear ones not so much." :tongue:
No one is here to be big brother but having been on the other end of that (as in on-coming traffic)... just know your limits next time and drive way under them.

Looked like you went in too hot and it pushed then went into snap oversteer. We've all had our "moments" with our NSXs. Everyone drives the canyons to have fun but it's no place to test one's limits.

Rock on and enjoy this awesome car of ours! The road looked awesome!

Hirofumi-san,

Great to hear from you again.

Although each of the past drives has been fun and exciting, it would make a CalCoastal Drive absolutely memorable should you be ever able to make it out to Southern California. We would love to show you the fun and exciting mountain roads out here, and return the great hospitality you and the rest of the NSX owners in Japan gave us last year. :)

-Randy

Hirofumi,
If and when you are in the Southern Califonia area, please PM me, as I would love to have some type of party in your honor.
Alex did host some canyon drives, but his was altogether a different group. I think he called them Canyonball. Our group is the CalCoastal NSX group that began the canyon drives in the year 2000, and this was the 11th year and certainly not the last.
Hope all is well,
John :biggrin:

Better late than never?
0245DII19597-XL.jpg

0265DII19601-XL.jpg

0275DII19609-XL.jpg

0305DII19617-XL.jpg

0325DII19621-XL.jpg

0365DII19632-XL.jpg

0385DII19637-XL.jpg

0425DII19648-XL.jpg

0435DII19650-XL.jpg

0455DII19660-XL.jpg

0475DII19665-XL.jpg

0485DII19669-XL.jpg

0535DII19682-XL.jpg

0545DII19686-XL.jpg

0585DII19697-XL.jpg

0595DII19698-XL.jpg

Never too late for pics Eric! I already have the route for the next canyon run......it's going to be loooooong and roads are traveled by very few :biggrin:

Back