• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updated Hagerty Values

Curious to see what others think about the updated Hagerty values. Is a 2005 condition 1 (concours) worth $119,000? Is a 92 condition 1 (concours) worth $81,200?

don't know...but 98% of used nsx are not a cat 1

don't know...but 98% of used nsx are not a cat 1
Might not be that bad, might be more like 90%. I could imagine that there are around 600-750 legit cat 1 NSXs. I tend to think that the math is probably something along the lines of:

10% Cat 1
20% Cat 2
50% Cat 3
20% Cat 4

However, 100% of the NSXs being sold by dealers will make the claim that they are cat 1 cars ;)

Yeah, those values need about a 25% adjustment downwards, especially in the current market. If they are going off of asking prices, that's still a little high, but selling prices are nowhere close.

NSX values peaked with the rest of the car market in 2015, and are currently on a downturn in 2016. Now is a perfect time to buy, because with the debut of the Gen 2 collector examples of Gen 1's will be going up significantly when the market returns, IMO. But we are not there yet.

Last edited:
Now is a perfect time to buy
I think that a perfect time to buy was a good 6-8 years ago, and it has been a great time to buy for the past few years. Now it would rate it as a "good" time to buy because I agree that the NSX isn't going to head south in value any time soon.

Suprised you haven't chimed in on this thread yet. Seems like Hagerty is trying to push the clock forward about 5 years or so.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189199-So-just-what-price-will-an-NSX-be-in-5-years

I think that a perfect time to buy was a good 6-8 years ago, and it has been a great time to buy for the past few years. Now it would rate it as a "good" time to buy because I agree that the NSX isn't going to head south in value any time soon.

Suprised you haven't chimed in on this thread yet. Seems like Hagerty is trying to push the clock forward about 5 years or so.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189199-So-just-what-price-will-an-NSX-be-in-5-years

Well everyone wishes they'd bought at the absolute bottom of the market. :)

What I mean is, 2016 is a nice lull in the market where some of the last "good" deals can be had before these cars really start going crazy in the next growth period. Just IMO. You'll definitely pay less for a nice NSX right now than you would have this time last year, look at Bring a Trailer and eBay auction results if you don't believe me. That's not a knock on the car, it's just a result of what the car market is doing as a whole.

I don't think the value of Nsx is on a down turn, it will continue to rise in value

ya - I agree with you, just had to poke a little fun. That sweet little 1991 you sold recently was a real gem and a great buy; price aside simply prying a nice car like that out of an owner's hand is a challenge. I think that many people who may have considered buying a NSX at some point just don't realize how rare a really good one is.

ya - I agree with you, just had to poke a little fun. That sweet little 1991 you sold recently was a real gem and a great buy; price aside simply prying a nice car like that out of an owner's hand is a challenge. I think that many people who may have considered buying a NSX at some point just don't realize how rare a really good one is.

Yes, it's not easy finding a good one. It actually gets picked up by the transporter within the next couple hours, you're making me regret selling. :D

Ultimately I prefer helping people find cars, the buying & selling is just something to do when I come across a car that's too good to pass up.

Nice example just popped up in the classifieds. '91 Silver, 6.5k miles, $72k.

I've worked with the owner to try getting that car sold, I think his current price is pretty fair. However, please note that the car has the snap ring issue, it hasn't been addressed yet on this one. Could either drive as-is or fix proactively, not overly expensive to do.

Personally, I think 99% are not cat 1 and then there are potentially 10% that fall in between 1 & 2.
Also, think the Hagerty valuation tool was a brilliant idea on their part.

Anyone, remember this one the other year?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...)-VIN-JH4NA1158MT000897?p=1432898#post1432898

I wonder where it is and how many more like it are around? My guess......under 30.

I don't even remember seeing that, amazing! Wonder who bought it and where it is now.

It would be helpful for me to see the prices up as my insurer (Chubb) does not seem to keep up with valuations. They have my 1995 at $17K I think.

Nobody has pointed this out yet but I did predict it a year ago. 91s have passed 92s and are on a par with 96s, at least according to Hagerty. I see this trend continuing. 91s and 97s are the ones to have.

Anyone seen a Zanardi change hands lately?

91s and 97s are the ones to have.
why 97 and not 01?

- - - Updated - - -

2005 black/black 4700 miles with dealer comptech SC installed.
Sold - $144,000
http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?Order=alphabetical&feature&collection&grouping&category&SaleCode=AF16&ID=r0947

Blue, you can verify that selling price? I don't see it on the car's page.
From Facebook user (don't want to mention their name, will let them chime in if they want) who is at the auction:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14233234_10154257664613673_5288440604196151444_n.jpg
    14233234_10154257664613673_5288440604196151444_n.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,345
wow..........so that answered the 100k question and then some.....:eek:

wow incredible price
is that a 2005 shift knob that i spy?
EDIT: opps I didnt see that post above me, lol it is a 2005

Last edited:
Makes you think very long and hard about selling.

Back