• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updated Hagerty Values

A few details...
Final-year Acura NSX sells for $144,100 at Auctions America Auburn sale
From Hemmings...
https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php...0-at-auctions-america-auburn-sale/?refer=news

I agree with them that it's hard to say whether the supercharger contributed to the added value.

One thing I can say, though, is that the Comptech upgrades were never "factory authorized." Honda in Japan certainly did not have anything to do with those upgrades. The program may have reached the level of Acura corporate in the USA, but ultimately dealers making those upgrades and maintaining the warranty were choosing to cover the cars themselves, as the actual Honda engine warranty was definitely void with the supercharger installed.

I hope whoever bought the car didn't do so under the false pretense of having a factory authorized supercharged NSX, as that simply doesn't exist.

Last edited:
the warranty work was funded by acura corprate for the approved comptech mods, and only certain dealers were allowed to offer the program.you are half right.

the warranty work was funded by acura corprate for the approved comptech mods, and only certain dealers were allowed to offer the program.you are half right.

Yes, but Acura corporate in the USA is not the "factory." I take issue with the car's supercharger being misrepresented by the auction house as factory authorized. That's a good piece of info though, I didn't know Acura corporate paid for the warranties.

That being said, there are plenty of cars from the past with dealer-level modifications that are extremely prized today. Look at Yenko Camaros, for instance.

Last edited:
I would agree that the perceived value added statement "factory approved" is poetic licence.

So what's the verdict, did a relatively low mileage nsx go up in value, or not? Hagerty says yes. What say you?

I'm almost 2000 miles from home right now with my low boost 95 and its value has never been higher (to me)! :)

Last edited:
I really think the NSX values will continue to move upward as the rest of the Japanese sports car market moves up as well. The people can't afford the high prices of the European cars any longer and they hit their high market value already and are coming back to earth. The NSX 's are the best of what the Japanese market ever offered , they will lead the increase in values. I have 5 now and am trying to buy more everyday. At Mecum last month in Monterrey ,a 2005 with 4,000 miles got up to $125,000
( with premium $137,500 ) and the seller wouldn't lift the reserve, and took the car home. I think he was wrong, but the fact that someone offered that at an auction says a lot. I live in Arizona and the January Scottsdale auctions are all looking and asking for NSX's . The one thing that helps with the value is simply supply and demand. So few for sale and so very few all stock clean low mileage good cars. Luigi

I really think the NSX values will continue to move upward as the rest of the Japanese sports car market moves up as well. The people can't afford the high prices of the European cars any longer and they hit their high market value already and are coming back to earth. The NSX 's are the best of what the Japanese market ever offered , they will lead the increase in values. I have 5 now and am trying to buy more everyday. At Mecum last month in Monterrey ,a 2005 with 4,000 miles got up to $125,000
( with premium $137,500 ) and the seller wouldn't lift the reserve, and took the car home. I think he was wrong, but the fact that someone offered that at an auction says a lot. I live in Arizona and the January Scottsdale auctions are all looking and asking for NSX's . The one thing that helps with the value is simply supply and demand. So few for sale and so very few all stock clean low mileage good cars. Luigi

He wasn't wrong. The same car sold at Auctions America for $144k. :)

Pics of your 5 (!) NSX???

no pics available here but

1991 20,500 miles 1995 20,100 miles 2000 19,600 miles 2002 19,830 miles 2005 22,300 miles all cars are 100% stock and in showroom condition.

go to my website scottsdalecarsonline.com and you can see 4 of them Number 5 arrives Monday from So Cal........... luigi

go to my website scottsdalecarsonline.com and you can see 4 of them Number 5 arrives Monday from So Cal........... luigi

Awesome to see you living the collector car dream. Given your posts, you seem to be doing this for the investment. Therefore, a couple of the cars puzzled me. Chrysler Crossfire? Two Toyota MR2's?

That makes more sense. Again, I think its great that you have found the space and time to find them and house them. So an MR2 Spider is an orphan in your eyes because it isn't produced any more?

Back