Upgrade Advice

I am currently in the planning phase of upgrading my turbo system. As many of you know, I have the Cartech system which uses the Rebic auxiliary controller. Others had problems using this system and I'm also concerned that the near cylinders are running rich and the far cylinders are running lean. Of course, this results in a reasonable A/F ratio when averaging all of the cylinders but I am worried about long term issues even when running low boost.

My plan is to go with the HKS Pro FCON since it reportedly can be used with an OBD II car. Questions: Should I go with larger injectors and if yes, what size? Should I upgrade to a bigger fuel pump? Is a wideband O2 sensor and A/F meter necessary? Can I use cat bypass pipes without tripping the CEL since I am using a separate ECU? Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

jorligan said:
...the near cylinders are running rich and the far cylinders are running lean....
Sounds to me like a symptom of fuel pressure being too low. You might consider upgrading your fuel pump and possibly the rails as well for higher fuel flow.

I am not familiar with the F-Con, but have heard good things about it. I would definately upgrade injectors! Without knowing your goals 550cc injectors should be fine.

jorligan said:
I'm also concerned that the near cylinders are running rich and the far cylinders are running lean. Of course, this results in a reasonable A/F ratio when averaging all of the cylinders but I am worried about long term issues even when running low boost.

Tim

This is extremely dangerous thinking. The cylinders running lean are running lean and just as likely to suffer damage regardless of what the other bank is running. Banks DO NOT average out- that is why we always install two channel wide band controllers in my shop.
PM me for further assistance, if you'd like.

MB

jorligan said:
My plan is to go with the HKS Pro FCON since it reportedly can be used with an OBD II car. Questions: Should I go with larger injectors and if yes, what size? Should I upgrade to a bigger fuel pump? Is a wideband O2 sensor and A/F meter necessary? Can I use cat bypass pipes without tripping the CEL since I am using a separate ECU? Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Tim,

Has your motor been buiilt? What is your desired hp? What is the primary purpose of your NSX?

It hasn't been built up ... yet. Looking for around 400 rwhp at this time but in the future, maybe more at which time the motor will be built. Most important, reliability and will use the car for everyday driving as well as some track events. Tim

Back