• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

USDM to JDM glove box swap

Does anyone know if the usdm glove box door part will fit on a jdm Nsx? Used glove boxes for Nsx are hard to find here in japan and I just bought a Nsx-r with no glove box because it was cheaper.

I'd suspect it would. The USDM door is held in with 4 screws in the bottom. If it's the same for the NSX-R I think you are okay to go with that path. Here's a picture you could use to compare.

well ive heard people say they are angled a little. Ive never noticed that but a usdm door is cheaper then going oem new from honda. They mount the same i know that but is the door symmetrical on both sides?

post pictures of your NSXR, i'm curious to see a Primer with one. NA1 or NA2?

C'mon......how much more can it actually cost? Not enough to matter if you can afford a JDM NSX-r anyway. They command insane money over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I asked Honda and it's only $500 for the whole box and door. I was expecting like $800-$1000 but turns out it won't be that bad and I'd rather go new anyways.

I just bought a Nsx-r with no glove box because it was cheaper.

So this is an example of a Nsx-r? Am I missing something?

This is a NSX Type-R. I am misunderstanding what you have.

ysu4a5ez.jpg

Yes I said the owner before me changed the body to a wide-body and also change the color the hood the rear wing and a couple other interior things

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Nsx-r cars on the road are completely stock white like the picture you posted

Yes I said the owner before me changed the body to a wide-body and also change the color the hood the rear wing and a couple other interior things

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Nsx-r cars on the road are completely stock white like the picture you posted

X2. That car is definitely RHD and from what I've seen, a ton of NSX's in Japan are highly modified.

Mmmm, I hope underneath that kit it is an R for your sake. And if it is then maybe in Japan they are less fussed about OEM originality for such a rare car.

My questioning of it being an R is why would the modifications include changing the rear centre light panel to a standard model variant? This leads me and others Im sure to think its not a R ... more info needed but whatever the result, enjoy your NSX

I saw an NSX-R for sale that had lots of mods before just like this one. I dont think over in japan they really care about how rare the car is. They care about making them look and perform as buckwild as they can.

Yeah actually I said the same thing to the seller. The taillights are modded led lights. Not sure why they are not the stock NA2 lights. The title is right and the engine and interior is right.

I will be going back to the NA2 Nsx-r taillights as I found a nice set and I'll pick up a stock nsx-r rear spoiler for DD driving and save the gt wing for track days, as well as the carbon diffusers from the front and rear.

So you are getting original r spoiler and rear lights, but didn't want to spend the money on a JDM glove box......this thread makes nooooooooo sense whatsoever. I would ask them for your $10,000 hood back while you are at it.

I can get the wing and the lights used cheap locally. I don't want to buy new if I don't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

I got this car from a auction for a good price. So sure it has a lot of the stock Nsx-r part missing but I love the car as it is not because it's a Nsx-r. I'm not a Nsx-r fanboy that only likes the all original white and stock parts. I have wanted a Nsx since I was a kid and having one that underneath is a Nsx-r is a perk. If it was just a normal Nsx I would still have bought it. The price was right so I picked it up. And yes I will get used stock parts to put back on but only when I find a good deal. I could leave it as is and not care. An
Nsx is a Nsx. Just because I spent a lot on the car does not mean I'm a millionaire that wants to buy all new Nsx-r parts at a small fortune.

Last edited:
Lol well I was trying to troll someone with this post but they didn't bite. It is actually a 91 with 02 front swap. I would never be able to afford the Nsx-r. I'm just happy I have a Nsx finally. I used to have a R32GTR which I sold to get this car. Sorry for stirring things up, lol I guess people are a little into the Nsx-r more then I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually rare to see a Nsx in japan and I've only seen one Nsx-r at a car show. When I was living in Tokyo I saw 3 Nsx in the 3+ years I lived there

They built over 600 NSX-Rs so I guess to us in the US it's like a holy grail because none came here but I guess in Japan it's no more rarer than some of the later 2002-2005 models. If anything I guess the 50 Zanardis are the absolute rarest of NSXs and a few of those are modified.

Back