• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Use wheel spacers to get clearance to front brakes?

I purchased a set of Konig Integrams (17x8 +45 front, 18x9 +35 rear) from CARID, but unfortunately, the front wheels will not clear the brake calipers, despite CARID repeatedly guaranteeing they would fit.

Playing with washers, it appears that these wheels may be able to fit if I were to use >12mm spacers.

Would anyone have any idea if I would run in to other clearance issues (ie. rubbing) if I were to use 15mm spacers (like the H&R DRS series)? I've read about other Prime members using 25mm spacers, so I figured my idea may have some merit. I would be running the stock springs with Koni Yellows. Tire size at the front is 215 40R17.

+45 with a 15mm spacer is effectively +30. 8 inch wide with +30 will rub like crazy. Also, DRS spacers require longer studs. TBH, that's a lot of work to make these wheels fit. Better off returning and getting a set that fits out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running with a 33 mm net offset with 17*8" wheels and 215/40 tires but I'm also using a camber correction kit on the top suspension triangle to pull the top of the wheel inwards.
That worked for me.

My advice would be to return the wheels and get ones that fit properly. Not only the problems with the front but the 18x9 is too narrow in the rear IMO too. Go 18x9.5 instead

Back