• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used car market

I was listening to a YouTube presentation on why used car prices are going up. Now this is primarily for standard cars rather than exotics. However there is pressure on all market segments. So don’t be surprised if the used NSXs see price pressure upward. Especially since Acura can add an extended warranty to these cars. I have heard that prices are 105% of what Wholesale is trading. Since the car has not changed that much other than minor changes in 2019. Why not get a used NSX that has more equipment at a lower price than new, and still with a warranty?

you can duplicate the changes on the 2019 except for the software changes.

Last edited:
Do the pre-2019's also have a more comfortable ride? I've spent a lot of time in 2017's, but my brief time in a 2019 seemed to indicate the suspension was not as comfortable as earlier years.

My car came with Eibach Sway bars that are significantly thicker than the OEMs (Which I still have) so it is difficult to comment on the ride quality difference. I can say that I find my 2017 to be very comfortable, especially in comparison to my 2001. I might add that my seats are all leather and that was an upgrade over having the alcantara center section. And by the way I also added Comptech sway bars to the 2001. The NSX in my mind is one of the most comfortable sports cars I have driven. My wife who has no reason to suggest otherwise also thinks the seats are comfortable, though she wishes that they also had a lumbar support adjustment.

I’m noticing the amount of used NC1 cars are almost cut in half and prices are definitely up ( 68 used in Dec and now 37 used in the USA) wow! That’s great for NSX. Noticed same thing with used Evora 400’s. They were in the upper $50k in dec and close to 30 and now there are about 17 in the nation and prices are closer to $70k.
Wow! Economy is back!!! Or I’m missing something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect your observation is correct. The used car market in general has gone up as most all manufacturers stopped producing cars over the last several months. It will take them some time to get everyone back on schedule. The supply chain will take a bit to get going again. A lot of manufacturing processes must be validated again once they are restarted. So what that means is it will take some time to get new cars flowing in the system. In the mean time the used car market is seeing a lot of pressure as new car buyers compete. As is the case with the NSX, some of the used cars were loaded and as a consequence represent a great deal. I was looking at some of the old posts via AcuraZine and saw that the 2017 maxed out at $206,800 fully loaded. That was the MSRP on my Window Sticker. I imagine that fewer people are willing to load a car to that level now. Even with a $32k discount, when you add tax and license you end up with about $190,000 for a 2020. Even if I add a extended warranty at $5000, I am still sitting pretty. Now, I have to plan so as to not die from Covid-19 and/or anything else so that I can drive the shit out of this car for my remaining days.

Back