• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valentine One v1.7 Radar Detector Update/Upgrade

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
hmmm... I went through almost all of the Valentine 1 radar detector threads to see if anyone has done the V1: Upgrade 1.7 -> 1.8. I mostly came across people who own the relatively new version 1.8.

There are many different software versions in the V1 1.7 & 1.8. Some V1 1.7's actually are basically considered obsolete when you enter their sn# on the Valentine site while others are considered to be "good enough..." (whatever the heck that means... :redface: )

I wanted to get some insights of Prime members who have V1 1.7's and whether or not they feel they need to upgrade to 1.8. I checked for the frequencies of the main band used, Ka, in the 1.7 & 1.8 but it seems like both ranges are same; however I know the 1.8 has newer software in regards to Ka "super" wideband.

I reside in Texas, unsure about the use of POP here... :confused:

http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/

________________________________________________________________________________________

Status Report on Your Valentine One
Serial Number 0123456789

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.7 gives high performance on all radar bands. Also,it remembers your “mode” setting when shut off. Has stack of four LEDs on front panel for band identification. Front and rear laser.

Upgrade Recommendation: While this version is not quite up to today’s V1 standard for Ka, it’s almost always good enough, and always better than detectors from other makers. X and K performance is excellent. Upgrading merely to improve radar performance is not cost effective, in my opinion, unless you’re concerned about the POP Mode operating in your area. Upgrading does bring other benefits, including our latest laser warning (front and rear), which outperforms the competitors by a wide margin, and POP Protection. Also, you'll get the new Euro Mode.

Back