• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Value of '91 NSX in Europe?

I will be travelling on a family trip to London in Late September/early November, and I am thinking of taking my 54k mile 1991 NSX with me to London, then spending a few days driving to Germany to visit a relative. A trip on the autobahn would be included, and i am thinking about going around the Ring on an open track day. Is there any chance that I could recoup part of the trip by selling my car while I am there, then buying another when I return to the US? Are our cars worth any more in Europe than in the USA?

You realize that cars in the UK are right hand drive, right? I lived in the UK and had a right hand drive NSX while there. You're going to drive a left hand drive NSX around London?:eek: Good luck. It's hard enough to drive a right hand drive car around there.

The NSX is much more rare in Europe and usually commands a higher price. That being said, you would have to prepare your car to meet European standards, shipping and then deal with exchange rates when/if it sold. Not worth it in my opinion, and that's all it is, my opinion.

In Portugal, a 91 NSX goes around for 25 to 30K € (32 to $38K) depending of it's condition..

It's indeed priced a lot higher than in US.

Nuno

Nuno is right but they are very hard to sell at that price if there is somemainance due to time. EUR 20k would be much faster. BUT if you sell it in Germany for example the buyer has to pay for taxes, duties up to 30 percent. This would lower your selling price to about EUR 15k or so.

Hi

I paid about $41.000 for mine back in 2003. Then the tax and vat when I came home to Norway. The car was about $65.000 on the road here in Norway. It's a 1991 model.

Next car/winterbeater will be about $56.000 on the road imported from the US for a 2008 model.

Yes, that's pretty crazy compared to the rest of the world. But then again we have the best welfare system in the world and I guess I have to pay for that with my car interest.

Regards

A good NSX NA1 will go for 28-32.000 Euros that's pretty much the same for whole of Europe.

And yes NSX's are worth way more in Europe just don't sell them in the UK where they are ridiculously cheap.

I will have to disagree Adnan.
It's objective marketplace value may be 28-32K Euro, but since the start of the recession 2 years ago, nobody will pay that price here in Europe.

Also, the group of NSX interested buyers here is VERY small and everybody is looking for the lowest priced car, even when this means getting a below average quality example.
Bringing it up to spec and getting lots of repairs after buying seems to hurt less than paying a realistic price for a good example at one time :frown:.
As a result the bad cars at low prices seem to sell and the good ones at higher but realistic prices don't:confused:.
I know for a fact that a guy in Belgium has a mint '91/92 asking around 30K, having it for sale for about 2 years now and still no takers.

The not so nice '91 's with lots of things to do, (and big bills coming on after the buy) offered for around 22-25k (and selling at 20-22K) however do sell :rolleyes:

...everybody is looking for the lowest priced car, even when this means getting a below average quality example.
The not so nice '91 's with lots of things to do, (and big bills coming on after the buy) offered for around 22-25k (and selling at 20-22K) however do sell :rolleyes:

It seems to me as if the buyers are intending to keep it for only a short time and sell it to another buyer in the hope he won't see the money to invest. But the seller of the better cars will always have a problem to justify it's higher price due to it's better condition to 1 out of 10 buyers.

Since the beginning of the recession in Europe I didn't see any sold cars on autoscout.de or mobile.de, even in the low price range.

How do the older Porsches and Fs perform? I guess it's the same problem.

Since the recession every sports car you buy in EU you're more or less married with it. Hardly anything sells 2nd hand unless it's a few 1000 € under the value.

Something is the value worth, what people are willing to give for it.
Its as simple as that.

In my head my NSX is worth 100K. I might be lucky to get 22k or something. Just to be realistic. And that day may come soon.....

W-W-WHAT? Do you think about selling? :eek:[/

Not sure yet, but after 10 years i have sort of seen it with the NSX.
I just drive it so now and then to stop the battery from going flat.
I have to say though that it still is one amazing car.

Back