• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vega$ NSX's Satin Black FX Turbo widebody (NSWF)

I had the pleasure of shooting Bryan's (Vega$ NSX) car. I'm a freelance photographer and shoot for JTuned, green-bottle, and a couple other publications. But for Bryan's shoot I really wanted to do something edgy and bold utilizing experimental lighting techniques. The satin black was extremely difficult to capture so I had to use a full studio lighting setup (3 huge softboxes) as well as "light painting" with LED's.

Well enough talking here are the pictures:

WMCfinalLR.jpg

engineFINALLR.jpg

highkeyfrontquarterFINAL.jpg

highkeyrearFINALLR.jpg

walledinFINALLRmyspace.jpg

weaponofmassdestructionLR-1.jpg

interiorFINALLR.jpg

gaugecloseupFINALLR.jpg

rimjobFINALLR.jpg

craftsquareFINALLR.jpg

frontbayFINALLR.jpg

sidefinalLR.jpg

frontquarterLR.jpg

lightpaintingfinalLR.jpg

Questions, comments, suggestions are all welcomed. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Re: SHIRAKIPHOTO: Vega$ NSX's Satin Black FX Turbo widebody

Brian,

Your car looks great! Ditch the oem steering wheel for a better one and get the 2002+ trunk lip spoiler. Congrats on the build.

bad ass.... can you provide some hi res so I can use as my wall paper? specifically the last two...

Brian,

Your car looks great! Ditch the oem steering wheel for a better one and get the 2002+ trunk lip spoiler. Congrats on the build.

Ha, thanks! But I have to give all the credit to Jordan at ShirakiPhoto. The guy is a wizard with the camera and he really did an amazing job.

I would love to get an aftermarket wheel, but with 550+ whp, I don't feel comfortable riding around without an airbag. :tongue: So unfortunately the OEM steering wheel, in all it's bloated glory, stays. :redface:

Now the 2002 trunk lip spoiler is something I do want, but am having a hard time finding one. Also, I hesitated on getting it because I might go with a GT style wing... so I'm just keeping my options open for now.

what kind of lighting are you using? Some of the shots look a bit overexposed (3,4,12). I like the light trail shot.

I'm using 3 huge softboxes (2 on eight foot stands and the 3rd is on a boom)

For the last two we used 18 high powered LED's to "paint" the car with 30 second exposures.

As for the overexposed shots, I was going after "high-key lighting". Its basically a lighting style that aims to reduce the lighting ratio thats in the photograph. Basically its a fine line between being blown out and properly exposed. Its seen predominantly in fashion/editorial work and I've never seen it applied to automobiles so I thought I'd give it a try.

^^^^^ :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Wheres all the love for Bryan and his car?? :confused: :frown:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

What better way to revive a dying thread than with a 600hp nsx and BOOBS :eek:

nsx.jpg

:biggrin:

That last photo looks great. Thank you for sharing!

Wheres all the love for Bryan and his car?? :confused: :frown:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

What better way to revive a dying thread than with a 600hp nsx and BOOBS :eek:

nsx.jpg

:biggrin:

Haha, I was wondering when you were going to bring out the BIG GUNS. Lol! Fast cars and models. Dang Jordan, we have it tough don't we? :tongue:

Re: Vega$ NSX's Satin Black FX Turbo widebody

This place is a little crazy with the moderating.

Last edited:
Looking good anymore updates? a la 2002 trunk lip or gt style wing?
I would add jdm tails, 2002 side mesh oem grills, blend in paint the carbon fiber hood, steering wheel ;), and a BBK to stop that monster, and the blodi mugen style turn signal covers in smoke or clear....

love the first pic! its looks sick man....and the model ones are all good too.

Looking good anymore updates? a la 2002 trunk lip or gt style wing?
I would add jdm tails, 2002 side mesh oem grills, blend in paint the carbon fiber hood, steering wheel ;), and a BBK to stop that monster, and the blodi mugen style turn signal covers in smoke or clear....

love the first pic! its looks sick man....and the model ones are all good too.

Yeah a few changes. I added an APR wing and it looks sooooooo much better. Apparently widebodies need full GT wings. :tongue: I also added the KW suspension kit and really improved the stance (and front bumper scraping). Some mesh in the vents, but not too much on the exterior. Most of the recent work was on the tuning and engine.

I want to add some BBKs, smoke or LED signal covers and a few other things but I'm a little burnt out and I really need to give some TLC to the interior. I really need to up date this thread with some newer pictures and write up but I've been busy. I think we have something set up this weekend for an NSXPO promo so I might have a few pics to add. And remember dude, you're first in line for a ride along when you get out here!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Woo hoo! I feel like a kid who is waiting for xmas to open his presents. :tongue:

Who is that chick? She is smokin!

Haha, she was a fashion model that ShirakiPhoto and I shot one day at my house. Her name was Kat, and I think she was part Filipino and part white. We slipped in a few car shots, that I don't think she was expecting.

I kid you not, I've seen a lot of women's bodies, and this girl's body was as close to flawless as I've ever seen. There wasn't a single imperfection I could find and we were up very close for some tight in shots. Her face however, was just okay and her personality.... well.... she is a model.

Haha, she was a fashion model that ShirakiPhoto and I shot one day at my house. Her name was Kat, and I think she was part Filipino and part white. We slipped in a few car shots, that I don't think she was expecting.

I kid you not, I've seen a lot of women's bodies, and this girl's body was as close to flawless as I've ever seen. There wasn't a single imperfection I could find and we were up very close for some tight in shots. Her face however, was just okay and her personality.... well.... she is a model.

Stop hoarding dude, post up the other pics...

Back