• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Veilside side mirrors

TommyP said:
How would it be best to cover the factory mirror holes??? Something a DIY type installer might do????

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't think so, you need to fill up the hole and repaint the door.

TommyP said:
How would it be best to cover the factory mirror holes??? Something a DIY type installer might do????

Any ideas?

Thanks
------------------------------------------------
Decal :biggrin:

TommyP said:
You'll have to spend several hundred dollars or more to have the holes welded closed, bodyworked, and repainted. Trying to do it the cheap route will end up ruining your car IMO. So on top of the cost of the mirrors, remember, you're going to spend a whole lot more having them installed the right way.

Now that I think about the work involved, I'd guess a bodyshop will charge over a grand to do it right. Call a bodyshop and ask. And make sure you tell them it's an aluminum door panel. Something to think about at least...

Something I have never thought about!!!! damn..............hmmmmm.

Deuce B said:
You'll have to spend several hundred dollars or more to have the holes welded closed, bodyworked, and repainted. Trying to do it the cheap route will end up ruining your car IMO. So on top of the cost of the mirrors, remember, you're going to spend a whole lot more having them installed the right way.

Now that I think about the work involved, I'd guess a bodyshop will charge over a grand to do it right. Call a bodyshop and ask. And make sure you tell them it's an aluminum door panel. Something to think about at least...

Juice said:
Ummmm...how are these powered again? The feed for the power and controls would have a hard time being reworked into the front sash for the window. The only reason Veilside developed these mirrors is because the door on thei kit gets so reworked that the OEM mirrors become useless. I can't believe ALL of you guys are willing to paint your doors just to have "cool" mirrors.

On the other hand, I am in the market for a cheap set of OEM mirrors to do some custom work on. If anyone wants to sell me thiers please PM me!

Juice,

The housing is not powered but the mirror inside the housing is powered. On your GT-One headlights Juice my vendor is going to bring back one - two sets. I hope to have them here by June.

I will be putting in an order this week by 5/20/05 so for those interested I would need payment asap either through paypal, money order whichever way is more easier for you.

My rep. is going to talk with Ray at Veilside and is trying to work out a better deal on having this made for us quicker and having it shipped sooner for us since were buying so many.

Pricing:

15+ Orders
MSRP: $350
NSX Prime: $300 + S&H

1-14 Orders
MSRP: $350
NSX Prime: $325 + S&H

For all local Southern California residents if you like to stop by my office to make payment please let me. I accept VISA & Mastercard w/ a 3% credit card charge or you can pay cash/money order/check.

PLEASE PUT IN ORDERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN PUT IN ORDERS AND HAVE THE MIRRORS HERE ASAP.

NOTE: AFTER THIS ORDER IS PLACED 5/20 I WILL STILL OFFER THE MIRRORS FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED LATER ON. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. SON@IA

Racerxjling said:
Cool to know they are powered. Curious to know if it is plug n play w/ the oem harness. I am in either way.

Jeff
Jeff,

Yes; the mirrors are powered but not the housing. The mirrors inside the housing is powered. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Son

Zero-Cool said:
Updated list...

1.Zero -Cool (me )
2.calvin (poohBEAR)
3.James (awsomr1)
4.Pretegra
5.DPG (depending on the price)
6.Dippy9
7.Racerxjling (jeff)
8.NSXBOX
9.NSXWIND
10.NSXBOX (depending on the price)
11.Stunner
12.TOMMYP
13.RUSHIN
14.NSXnBRLA
15.NSXVetteViperSupra (Danny)
16.Pretegra
17.you[/QUOTE]

After a few days of serious though, I think I feel reluctant to take the OEM side mirror away and leave a holes on the door and waiting for me to filled it up and repainting it. And some more, I feel heart ache to drill holes on the sash just to attach CF mirror onto it...

I think I prefer OEM's looking side mirror. I really loves NSX and I also loves how it was designed and looks. Sorry guys, I think I'm out.

Cheers,
C30A4

i don't care about the drill....but the idea of repainting 2 doors is making me having second thought.

C30A4 said:
13.RUSHIN
14.NSXnBRLA
15.NSXVetteViperSupra (Danny)
16.Pretegra
17.you

After a few days of serious though, I think I feel reluctant to take the OEM side mirror away and leave a holes on the door and waiting for me to filled it up and repainting it. And some more, I feel heart ache to drill holes on the sash just to attach CF mirror onto it...

Cheers,
C30A4[/QUOTE]

Please note that your DO NOT need to drill any new holes on the sash. You have to use the three OEM holes. You just need to make them a little bit bigger (M6) You can then always dismount them again and but back the black OEM metal pieces. I think it could be real nice even if you still saving the OEM holes in the door for the OEM mirrors. It would not be impossible to make something look quite nice to put over OEM mounting holes in the doors.
I realy think that these mirrors looks better than the over sized OEM ones.
Good luck everyone. I do not regret that i ordered and mounted mine.

Attachments

• Mirrors 1.jpg
    Mirrors 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 455
  • Mirrors 2.jpg
    Mirrors 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 474
  • Mirrors 5.jpg
    Mirrors 5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 470
  • Mirrors 3.jpg
    Mirrors 3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 503
  • Mirrors 4.jpg
    Mirrors 4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 474
did you repainted both doors to cover up the original oem holes?

olle olsson said:
Please note that your DO NOT need to drill any new holes on the sash. You have to use the three OEM holes. You just need to make them a little bit bigger (M6) You can then always dismount them again and but back the black OEM metal pieces. I think it could be real nice even if you still saving the OEM holes in the door for the OEM mirrors. It would not be impossible to make something look quite nice to put over OEM mounting holes in the doors.
I realy think that these mirrors looks better than the over sized OEM ones.
Good luck everyone. I do not regret that i ordered and mounted mine.

supra2porsche2nsx said:
Hey, just FYI the Mirrors are not powered. They are manually adjusted. Thanks!

chris

Ok, now I'm really confused :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please confirm which way are they, power/non-power, also RHD/LHD, if RHD, can they be easily adjust to LHD???

Sorry for the mistake in the information I am being informed with some wrong information Ray at Veilside just told me that the mirrors are non powered.

I would like to see more pix of the car with them and not just the mirrors.

I don't care , I just want a set!!! PLEASE PLEASE ASAP !!! I need this..my
ball is small :biggrin:

PS.. Those mirrors look HOT!!! REALLY REALLY HOT! :eek:

Last edited:
these mirrors are form over function.
looks like youre going to lose a lot of visability since these mirrors are teeny weeny. about 40% loss.

motorized or not. how often do you guys adjust your mirrors anyways?
unless some of you guys are eating wheaties and still growing.

since NSX Veilside Maisty model is 'made to order' only, someone should get in contact with them and make some improvements while they have time.

1. add mirror angle motor.
2. add rebound joint with retractable motor and switch.
3. make the mirror slightly bigger, or not
4. have an optional kevlar? maybe.
6. lasty, include a VEILSIDE sticker to cover up the door holes from the OEM mirror mounts

heck, you guys are paying for it, you deserve to get what you really want.
just a thought :smile:

Not symmetric?

Olle, you did a great job on your NSX. Thank you for the detailed pictures. Do you notice a difference between the right and left mirrors? It looks like the angle on the left (driver’s side) mirror is too steep. I tried to illustrate this in the picture below.

When I first saw the pictures of your car, I thought it might just be an illusion, but it looks the same in the pictures you just posted and seems very noticeable from the inside. I am not sure if this is a defect in the design of the mirror or if it is part of the adjustments you made to adapt the mirrors to LHD seating position. If it is the latter, is there a way to adjust the left mirror while still perserving the same angle as the right mirror?

evof575gtc: excellent points (I like #6!). But since you skipped #5 ;), I would add:

5) Ensure the mirrors are symmetric and design for LHD, if possible.

Attachments

• Front-view-angle.jpg
    Front-view-angle.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 433
Will the mirrors be left hand drive specific for the states? Veilside should easily be able to do this for us. Otherwise it will be very awkward to drive. My car is a daily driver so.....
-David G.

Re: Not symmetric?

Ojas said:
Olle, you did a great job on your NSX. Thank you for the detailed pictures. Do you notice a difference between the right and left mirrors? It looks like the angle on the left (driver’s side) mirror is too steep. I tried to illustrate this in the picture below.

You are 100% correct in your observation. The mirrors are made assymetric for a right handed car. I was quite upset when I first got the mirrors. But everything is possible to fix. However I have pointed the fact to Veilside that the best way would be to make the mirrors symetric or make them also Assymetric for the rest of the world whos got Left hand driven cars. However as I stated before I had to re glue mine mirrorglas with a 15 degree spacer so I could use them until they hopefully sending me new ones.
However mine are not powered and I do not need them to be either. How offen do you really need to adjust them?? And finally. Yes I have painted the whole doors. God point to tell Veilside to make some kind of sticker or simular to cover the OEM holes. I will personally get in touch with them to.

Here is some more information I received from Veilside.

1) about the motors, unfortunatly the housing are too small to fit a motor.

2) We wont be able to make the mirrors larger, it would require a new mold to be made...the costs are not worth selling a few mirrors. We'd have to sell over a hundred to make up the cost.

3) mirror angle was made for RHD cars. Due to Japan road laws it had to be made at that angle. The angle is off on the passenger side when mounting them on LHD cars. If that bothers people they can go to a glass shop, have a new glass cut, and remount it.

iasports said:
Here is some more information I received from Veilside.

1) about the motors, unfortunatly the housing are too small to fit a motor.

2) We wont be able to make the mirrors larger, it would require a new mold to be made...the costs are not worth selling a few mirrors. We'd have to sell over a hundred to make up the cost.

3) mirror angle was made for RHD cars. Due to Japan road laws it had to be made at that angle. The angle is off on the passenger side when mounting them on LHD cars. If that bothers people they can go to a glass shop, have a new glass cut, and remount it.

I think it will be off on both driver and passenger side, if that is the case, take me off the list. I think since this order is from the US, they should make it for LHD cars and specify on the document to their gov't these are for export purpose, not for domestic use. Or include the parts for us to to correct them ourselves with instructions...:frown:

With all this new information for the mirrors is anyone still interested? Please let me know so I can place an order for everyone.

Thank you,

Son

Back