• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Visting Melbourne and the Grand Prix

My wife and I will be in Melbourne for the Grand Prix and some sight seeing. I was wondering if any one that lives in Melbourne has been to www.auscarts.com.au . We are thinking of stopping by there for some hot laps one night after spending a day at the track watching the real drivers. And can any one recommend a few good restaurants in the Albert Park/ St. Kilda area.
Thanks

Four recommendations, for dinner Cafe Di Stasio 0011 613 95253999, Lunch at Donovans, ask for a table that gives a good bay view 0011 613 9534 8221 and modern Asian at Azalea 0011 613 8598 9880. The Stokehouse upstairs, lunch outside, is worth a try 0011 613 9525 5555 and dinner inside. Websites usually eponomous.com.au. Book now. Main dishes around $30Aus, less at Azalea. You will have a ball.

It's just a few more days until the F1 event starts and I was wondering if any of the local NSXers would want to get together? It would be nice to meet some of you so I could put face along with your prime name. Hopefully someone might have some free time.

Thanks

We arrive on the 15th and are staying thru the 19th and leaving on the morning of the 20th. We are then traveling to Adelaide for a few weeks. I hope the weather is good during the race festival. We have checked out the Stokehouse online and it looks like a wonderful place to eat. And it is very close to where we are staying. There are so many restaurants in that area it will be hard to choose where to dine. Any comments on the indoor karting place...Auscarts... is it normally crowded with a long waiting period? or could we just stop in and grab a few laps?. If it is like the ones I go to here in California it will be crowded, best to make your plans weeks in advance.

Thanks

Joseph,

I'm moving house at the moment so things are a little crazy but if you want to meet for dinner on Sat / Sun, just let me know when & where. I've PM'd you my number.

Does that work for anyone else in Melb?

Hope you enjoy the GP!

John

Thanks for visiting Melbourne Jospeh... hope you both enjoyed your time in Melbourne and dippy at the internationally renoun "Dippy's Restaurant". :D

Sorry for such a long delay in replying, I haven't had much access to a computer and we just got back home the other afternoon. I want to say to you guys that Val and I had a great time while we were in Melbourne. It was really fun to meet Neonsx, OssieJohn and Dippy. The food at Dippy's restaurant was excellent, I really enjoyed the conversations we were having. Val and I felt very welcomed by each of you and we won't forget the evening we spent talking about nsx's and dining at Dippy's. We hope to make it back to Oz as soon as we can.

Thanks agian fellas it was a great time

:biggrin:

Back