• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

volk gtc face 2

hope you guys with the volk gtc and wheel experts like theWB can help. i ordered a set of volk gtc 17 front and 18 rears face 2 4 months ago and once i received the rears they were face 1. i was not notified prior to fabrication and shipment. the retailer i bought from and mackin rep state for a 98 stock set up only face 1 will clear the calipers. face 2 is only made for widebody kits.

is this correct?:confused:

thanx for the input

I could've sworn I read on here that someone was using face 1 front and face 2 rear on a stock body, ICBW. You might want to do a search.

If they fit ok what is the problem. I just custom ordered them the fronts are 17x8-35 offset face 1 and the rears 18x10-38 offset face 2. I dont have a Wide Body Kit but do have the Stoptech BBK hence the reason for the offset.

Steven Spanbauer said:
If they fit ok what is the problem. I just custom ordered them the fronts are 17x8-35 offset face 1 and the rears 18x10-38 offset face 2. I dont have a Wide Body Kit but do have the Stoptech BBK hence the reason for the offset.
Steven,
I think you missed Jediboy's point. He wants to have the face2 for the rear since face 2 has big lip. You probably ordered the face2 for the same reason as Jediboy. But now he received the face1 instead for the rear and Mackin is giving him the excuse by saying the face2 does not clear. I am also under the impression that face 2 will fit the rear. I think Tantheman has face2 for his car's rear.
Steve

I thought the Face- 2 Rim had the Spokes slightly curved out more then the Face-1.

white nsx

that's exactly what happened!

steven spanbauer

the spokes on face 2 are more concave therefore the supposedly more difficult caliper clearance.

thanx guys for the input

face 1 the spokes are str8 ...while face 2 spokes are bowed...making the lip appear deeper ..yes face 2 works on normal body nsx...but if you buy 17/18 set up they will always come face 1 ..because thats all makin brings in to the us ..they bring 18/19 set up face1 and face2 rears only...so pretty much you get what they have ..:D but they do exist in both set ups just availability..they just sold you thats all..:D

Back