• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Volks SE37 wheel fitment question

Hi guys, I am planning on buying rays SE37 fronts are 18x8.5 offset +45. Rears are 18x9.5 offset +45. Do you guys think I will be okay with the fitment on my 92 NSX without any problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Someone will want to know: is your car lowered or at stock ride height?

Also, by my calculations, that will result in the following changes in lateral clearance:
Front: 15mm less inside clearance, 35mm less outside clearance.
Rear: 4mm less inside clearance, 34mm less outside clearance.

If you're interested, I did those calculations with the "wheels" tab of my tire spreadsheet, which you could copy and use yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks jwmelvin. Does anyone run on an 8.5 fronts here?

Someone will want to know: is your car lowered or at stock ride height?

Also, by my calculations, that will result in the following changes in lateral clearance:
Front: 15mm less inside clearance, 35mm less outside clearance.
Rear: 4mm less inside clearance, 34mm less outside clearance.

If you're interested, I did those calculations with the "wheels" tab of my tire spreadsheet, which you could copy and use yourself.

Fitment is a matter of tire sizes. Not just wheels. Without that info, how low you are, what your alignment specs are, it is really hard to tell.

I have coilovers and I will buy tires whatever it is recommended. I am just worried of the front which is 8.5 and afraid to hit the inner wall. I can adjust the height for fitment.

Thanks

Fitment is a matter of tire sizes. Not just wheels. Without that info, how low you are, what your alignment specs are, it is really hard to tell.

Rob you can make them work with the right tires. But you won't have a great selection of tires. Is this a used set? 18/18 doesn't normally look as balanced as a 17/18 on an NSX. And at 17 you have a lot of tire choices. But the short answer is yes those can work as long as the bolt pattern is correct (like they are not coming off a Mercedes)

You have very high offset, you shouldnt have a problem, I would personally go with a lower offset for a more flush look. But thats just me.

Thanks guys for the input. The wheels I am getting are used and really cheap but in great condition.
i am running 18" all around right now won't my nsx and looks great and you are right with the right tires. Unfortunately I am out of the country right now and don't remember my tire sizes . Atleast right now I now that they can fit. Thanks again

Rob you can make them work with the right tires. But you won't have a great selection of tires. Is this a used set? 18/18 doesn't normally look as balanced as a 17/18 on an NSX. And at 17 you have a lot of tire choices. But the short answer is yes those can work as long as the bolt pattern is correct (like they are not coming off a Mercedes)

I don't think that's true for those wheel widths, unless the car is very lowered. And since there appear to be some uncertainties here, this would allow tuning the offset with spacers.

That's correct. Offset by itself doesn't mean much. Width as well as offset determine where the lips land. You have to always adjust. It is amazing to me even when I talk to wheel places they say something dumb like "you won't have much concave at that offset" without even taking width into consideration. This is an 8.5 wheel so at 45 it is roughly the equivalent of an 8 at 39 is where just the outside lip lands... which is fairly flush. Plus for a tire that will easily fit it stretches it more (since the inner lip too is further inside) and stretching not only roubds the shoulder a little but is also slightly decreases height.

I've looked into these wheels... Depending on how cheap, just get a set of 17x7.5 +35/40... They're out there and it must cheap to do a 17/18 set instead.

They will not look good because they're all 18" or the offsets?

You'll need a 10-15mm spacer in the rear to make it as flush as the fronts. So there's that. A lot of people like a staggered look on the NSX. I think 18/18 can look ok I mean the OEM 2002-2005 was 17/17.
It's personal taste. I like staggered.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a thread with lots of 18/18 pics

They will not look good because they're all 18" or the offsets?
Yes, it is hard to justify 18/18 set up when it comes to look at least for me and a few others. Of course it is a personal taste. The rear offset is too positive and you will need a spacer to push them out and defeat the purpose of super light wheels such as the SE37. My old set up was 17x7.5 et 40 and 18x9.5 et 40. See my car attached.
Steve

Attachments

• Stirling's extra 524.jpg
    Stirling's extra 524.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Stirling's extra 520.jpg
    Stirling's extra 520.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Stirling's extra 525.jpg
    Stirling's extra 525.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 77
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight of a spacer. They are still forged with a top notch finish. Very strong like any Volk. It doesn't sound like he is on the track anyway the minute weight of a spacer where the MOI is low isn't that significant. I say if you really like the style and the price is really good to for it. But do look at the 18/18 thread and see how that looks to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Just make sure it's a real Volk not some cheap Chinese carved manhole covers.

I am currently on 18/18 and like them. I would definitely get 18/19 in the future. Sorry for the confusion but the reason of the thread is to make sure that I won't have problem with the front width and the offsets. I am currently have 8 mm spacers on front and 15 mm rears( I can go probably 25 mm on rears max if I want to). The wheels I am getting will be for my second set for different color scheme. Thanks

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back