• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vote to keep or lose the User Reputation system

Should we continue using the User Reputation system?

• I like it - keep it running

Votes: 73 47.7%
  • I do not like it - turn it off

Votes: 80 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ekin95 said:
I guess my point is that why have a system that creates so much controversy and dislike from members.

I see it a different way. There are 7870 Prime members and so far there are 173 total votes as this poll winds down. That hardly qualifies as "so much controversy and dislike" and more appropriately should be classified as either "so much apathy" or a lack of concern for a non-issue. The roar of the silent majority of non-voters is deafening compared with the relative whimper of the vocal minority numbering a mere 1% of Prime membership.

Just my 02.

pbassjo said:
Show your full name and what city you are from in your profile.

Good point. But I think there are some larger issues on why some people try to keep a semblance of anonymity on the internet. For example, car theft and internet privacy. There are others, but I just wanted to bring up the point that certain member's anonymity isn't intellectual hypocrisy but an attempt to protect themselves from those less scrupulous. Unfortunately, it does happen.

Poll every other month, please!

KGP said:
I reserve my vote until 12/26. :biggrin:
Darn, I forgot to vote. Looks like it stays. I think it probably helps with the flame wars, so as it relates to the forum - that's a good thing. As it relates to personal enjoyment of reading the flame wars.... well, I enjoyed reading good flame war now and then. :biggrin: Gotta love those old nsxtasy v Brian 2x2 threads. :smile: Perhaps Lud can have a poll on the reputation system every other month to replace the flame wars. This thread was a pretty entertaining read as it was. :cool: :smile:

[Thinking to self]: I wonder how this system might effect Lud on April 1st? If I write another letter to Honda, I rip Lud's reputation! :biggrin:

Last edited:
ekin95 said:
BTW..........I would love to find out who made this comment towards me. I have a few choice words for him. :mad:

I said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could have posted my name to it I would have.
Feel free to ding me all day long, look how bent you get because you get a negative mark. :rolleyes:
I have met you face to face, and IMO you do need to grow up.

Reactions: KGP
prova4re said:
I said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could have posted my name to it I would have.
Feel free to ding me all day long, look how bent you get because you get a negative mark. :rolleyes:
I have met you face to face, and IMO you do need to grow up.

Damn. Now that is hard core!

Let's not fan the flames guys!I commend the disclosure, and if those two guys wish to discuss further it should be in private!imo :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back