• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vtec?

92nsxballer said:
Guys I can't seem to hear the vtec sound in my 92 nsx. I was wondering if anyone know why this is. Any help would be great.
VTEC in the NSX does not have a pronounced change in sound the way it does in some other Honda/Acura cars (e.g. Integra Type R).

is that because of the nature of the V6 versus a 4 banger???

An intake and exhaust will make the change more noticeable. I have injen intake and the dali ss exhaust and I can definitely hear it.

I have a 92 as well and owned a 95 Integra GSR when I bought the NSX. At first I could hardly detect the VTEC shift in the NSX, as the GSR was so pronounced. It's much more subtle but it's there.

I was just thinking the same in my car, when I had just an intake and comptech exhaust I could hear the change. now with the turbo, and tips I don't hear much at all.

nsxtasy said:
VTEC in the NSX does not have a pronounced change in sound the way it does in some other Honda/Acura cars (e.g. Integra Type R).

when did they start putting vtec in the nsx?

peiserg said:
when did they start putting vtec in the nsx?

Vtec was part of the original design. Prototype in 89, released into production in 90. Other than the Maclearan race cars at the time, the NSX was the first Honda to incorporate the VTEC

isn't VTEC on almost every Honda these days? even the ULEV Hondas come with VTEC

Back