• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Walmart and fraud on my wife's debit card

Just an FYI. My wife was sitting here and got an email on her phone for her $500 order of an iphone from Walmart. Huh?!?

Looks like somehow, someone logged into her Walmart account (she did not have an easy password) and placed the order. Don't know if it asked for the 3 digit code on the back, but I assume it did not. The phone was being sent to

3230 West Lincoln #227
Anaheim, CA

So now she has to go through the routine of changing the password on any other site she's used the same one at, making sure the order doesn't go out, and making sure the $$ is refunded to her debit card.

Don't know who we'd report this to, but from what I've read, no law enforcement agency would bother to do anything about this anyway.

So, if you keep your credit card on file with Walmart or any other site that doesn't ask for the last 3 digits, think about removing them. In the case of Amazon, it doesn't prompt you if you use an address you've shipped to before, but if you enter a new ship address, it will prompt you for the 3 digits.

Last edited:
I had the samething happen after I placed an order with walmart .... if you ask me its someone on the inside. The creditcard company contacted me right away and alerted me and asked if it was a authorized purchase

My bet...inside job. Someone at Walmart did it. That's what happened to me at Best Buy. Employee stole my info, next thing I knew I "purchased" two Macbooks.

My wife called the DoJ, filed paperwork with them, filed a police report locally, now she wants to file one with Anaheim. She called the credit bureaus (and got talked into a $20/month subscription which we need to undo now).

She wants justice... ie, Anaheim police staking out the shipping address. It sucks that nobody has the bandwidth to bother with a crime like this.

if you google map it looks like an appartment complex called

Westmont appartments
Phone number
714-995-8924

I too had an issue with Walmart.com a while back and I never had an account with them. Someone established an account with my name & credit card, and an address in another state to where the ill-gotten bounty was shipped.

This was definitely placed under her account. Someone was able to log into the account and place an order. They weren't smart enough to change the email address on the account though so when they placed the order, the order confirmation went to my wife. So she was able to log in and cancel the order within 5 minutes of the email and changed the password. She won't be saving her debit card info online any more. We don't like to use credit cards, but they offer more protection than a debit card.

this happened to my wife a couple years ago, she went to a chinese food resturaunt got some carry out and the lady swiped her card, then handed the card back, after she signed for it she asked for the card again, then wrote down the CCV number on paper, then handed the card back.

a few days later there was a purchase for airline tickets to china first class. we got our money back but its funny

Shawn

Just an FYI. My wife was sitting here and got an email on her phone for her $500 order of an iphone from Walmart. Huh?!?

Looks like somehow, someone logged into her Walmart account (she did not have an easy password) and placed the order. Don't know if it asked for the 3 digit code on the back, but I assume it did not. The phone was being sent to

3230 West Lincoln #227
Anaheim, CA

So now she has to go through the routine of changing the password on any other site she's used the same one at, making sure the order doesn't go out, and making sure the $$ is refunded to her debit card.

Don't know who we'd report this to, but from what I've read, no law enforcement agency would bother to do anything about this anyway.

So, if you keep your credit card on file with Walmart or any other site that doesn't ask for the last 3 digits, think about removing them. In the case of Amazon, it doesn't prompt you if you use an address you've shipped to before, but if you enter a new ship address, it will prompt you for the 3 digits.

Javier E Blandino age 40-44
3230 w lincoln ave apt 227
No number on file but I can give his neighbors numbers! :)
...or the number of one of the other 7 people living with him...wow.

Last edited:
What I had read that these people do is they pick a shipping address where nobody lives anymore... for example, it might be that this guy moved out, then a neighbor of his uses his shipping address, and then grabs the package left outside his door.

Or it could be him and he's just really stupid :)

Javier E Blandino age 40-44
3230 w lincoln ave apt 227
No number on file but I can give his neighbors numbers! :)
...or the number of one of the other 7 people living with him...wow.

somebody should forward this guys info to Tamoske saying he wants the shiny CF nsx parts......

I dunno if its the same guy, but from Javier Blandino Jr's (Daly City, CA which is hundreds of miles away from Anaheim) facebook page:

RECENT ACTIVITY
Javier watched How to steal 23 MacBook Pros, 14 iPhones, and 9 iPods In 31 Seconds and 3 other videos on Socialcam

Last edited:
What I had read that these people do is they pick a shipping address where nobody lives anymore... for example, it might be that this guy moved out, then a neighbor of his uses his shipping address, and then grabs the package left outside his door.

Or it could be him and he's just really stupid :)

Well skip trace shows several other adults living I the same apt. It could have been one of them. I have there numbers if your interested but I doubt you'll get much out of them...oh you could scare the crap out of em! I think they might like a call from the dept of immigration. :)

this happened to my wife a couple years ago, she went to a chinese food resturaunt got some carry out and the lady swiped her card, then handed the card back, after she signed for it she asked for the card again, then wrote down the CCV number on paper, then handed the card back.

a few days later there was a purchase for airline tickets to china first class. we got our money back but its funny

Shawn

It was funny? You have weird sense of humor; those people should be dragged out back and beat to death for all of the grief they cause honest, hard-working people.

People who pay their taxes and what not should have the right for protection from these worthless pieces of crap.Police don't do anything about it as it is rampant and would overwhelm the system.The government doesn't care as there is nothing in for them.(money,Kickbacks etc).Personally if you cant or wont work within the confines of the law....they should be taken out of the gene pool and allow the hard working people who keep the economy running to continue to do so without the threat of this kind of garbage hanging over our heads.

I had the samething happen after I placed an order with walmart .... if you ask me its someone on the inside. The creditcard company contacted me right away and alerted me and asked if it was a authorized purchase

It wouldn't surprise me. I have never purchased anything from them, not even when in a bind, ever!! Most of the mutual funds I have owned over the years have always had some amount of Walmart there, but that's it. I never have and never will buy anything from those guys. Never liked the company's policies and business practices. Especially their foreign product sourcing, treatment of product suppliers, environmental practices, the use of public subsidies, and the company's security policies. NYC has stood firm in keeping them out. Good for them.

Back