• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Warm AC AND blows only on high

I searched the archives - apologies if this has been answered.

I have read about the CCU board going bad causing the climate control fan to blow only on high. And I have read about AC not blowing cold and various (expensive) solutions.

My problem is both. I took my 91 out of a two-year storage and both problems are present, when none existed before going into storage.

It would seem that sending in my CCU board for repair is reasonable, but I don't want to spend the money if it turns out my AC has to be repaired too. Then I will end up with a blower switch that works on low, medium and high settings, but still just blows hot air.

So my question. Can the bad CCU board cause the AC not to blow cold? Or do I really have two problems.

Thank you

Steve

steve, this is what i would do, since your blowing on high and not getting cold air, i would start out with the cheapest route, and that is to send in your ccu to brianK to get it repair, very likely your 91 ccu has never been replace and take it from there.

OK, makes sense.

One more bit of diagnostic evidence: driving it today I noticed that the fan control runs normal when the AC is turned off (all speeds work). It blows only on high when the AC is turned on.

Sounds like its time to pull the CCU.

Thanks

Steve

Do you hear the compressor turning on when the A/C is activated? If not then you might want to try and refill the freon and see if it stays cold for long (if not then you might have a leak somewhere). If the compressor does not turn on (even after filling with freon) then you're probably going to need a new compressor and drier (might want to check on the evaporator as well).

I bet its the board, this is not a new issue with these cars. brian can help you, or you can search for an old fix it post of mine

Back