• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Was a black with red interior ever offered any year

A rare bird. I've seen the Red/Red and it looks nice although I'd rather have the Red/Black combo. I've never seen the Black/Red but I bet it sure looks pretty.

Just convert your interior yourself! :smile: I'm slowly converting my interior to red, 1st step was the carpet kit from TFEnt now I just need some red seats...

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 354
Just convert your interior yourself! :smile: I'm slowly converting my interior to red, 1st step was the carpet kit from TFEnt now I just need some red seats...

I think you should just leave it like that. The red carpet on black interior looks fantastic!

I'm changing my tan interior to black, piece by piece and the new carpets are expensive:eek: (so are seat belts). Do you have a link to where you got your carpet kit? Is it less $$$ than what ACURA wants? How does it install because it looks great?! Thanks...

-DREW-

I definitely like how it looks right now, I'm having trouble justifying spending the money for red seats so I might just change the door inserts to red and call it a day...

The TFEnt kit is nice, I got it when he was doing his Christmas group buy so it was cheaper. It took me 15 hours total by myself over a weekend from start to finish. I included seat cushion modification and I was in no rush so it could be done much quicker. There is a lot of excess material and I was playing it safe not cutting too much so it took a couple times of cutting and test fitting to make sure I didn't take off too much. Plus when I had my seat out I trimmed the seat cushion so I have more headroom too.

Thanks frumpybumps and brooklynzson for the info. I just ordered my NSX carpet from TFEnt. I ordered black cut pile. If I feel good enough I will install it myself. Doesn't look TOO difficult. The carpet will be here in about a week and a half, well see how it goes...If there are any tips for when I get to installing, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

-DREW-

Black with a red interior is a killer combo. I did the conversion but with DC2 ITR seats and it came out very well. I just miss the fact that my car doesn't have the lower half of the door in red like the oem, but thats just me being picky.

Excuse the dirty floormats :)
251174_10150280217591224_690446223_9371290_1543626_n.jpg

Last edited:
DSC01196.jpg

13449DSC00716.jpg

Last edited:
its all in the eye of the beholder

in my eye it reminds me of

the movie " Pulp Fiction "

when Vincent Vega blows the top of the kids head off in the back seat and the interior is instanly red.

uggg

I love the red carpet and door panels, and red alcantara seats, but not really feeling the factory red leather seats for some reason... Maybe theyre jsut too shiny for me.

Back