• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Watkins Glen May7/8

John:
I thought their names were Bubba and Cooter.:)
The package was mailed yesterday 1st class, you should have the axle end and the nut by Wednesday.

docjohn said:
Ahh yes that was me and Frank and his son,taking a leisurely drive back to Pa!So far We think the wheel bearing failed,thus putting stress on the axle bolt which along with the nut was sheared off at the tip and was eventualy recovered :eek: ,and is enroute back for analysis.Either way the teaching point for this case is,if you feel the slightest unusual anything while driving on track,get yee into the pits!I felt a subtle rear wiggle that was new for me coming out of 9 and thought a tire was going down :frown: But on the bright side it happened at the end of a good day!Great company with Pete,The Don and Bill from trackmasters,shooting the poop waiting for my ride.Funny but the driver is good friends with Ron Cook(nsx owner),and is a racing enthusiast to boot!

RPM217 said:
, maybe it's time for Mike to have another event so we can have some decent weather!!! :biggrin:

dont tempt me :biggrin: August work for everyone.... :cool:

docjohn said:
Ahh yes that was me and Frank and his son,taking a leisurely drive back to Pa!So far We think the wheel bearing failed,thus putting stress on the axle bolt which along with the nut was sheared off at the tip and was eventualy recovered :eek: ,and is enroute back for analysis.Either way the teaching point for this case is,if you feel the slightest unusual anything while driving on track,get yee into the pits!I felt a subtle rear wiggle that was new for me coming out of 9 and thought a tire was going down :frown: But on the bright side it happened at the end of a good day!Great company with Pete,The Don and Bill from trackmasters,shooting the poop waiting for my ride.Funny but the driver is good friends with Ron Cook(nsx owner),and is a racing enthusiast to boot!

Well... based on Bobs photo, apparently this is a repeat performance but for different reasons. Do you get a bulk discount :wink: or is this covered under the AAA 1000 miles to anywhere price plan :eek:
Since you and the Bee are obviously very connected (based on our little sojourn around the Glen at Expo) I'm glad that you were alert, safe and unharmed :smile:
I'm not sure that as a track newbie I would have been as in tune with the feel of the car tho I would like to think that I would before my wheel went flying off into the sunset :eek: :eek: :eek:
Glad everyone had a good time and that Bubba and Cooter weren't playing banjos on the way home :eek:

Climberao said:
Well... based on Bobs photo, apparently this is a repeat performance but for different reasons. Do you get a bulk discount :wink: or is this covered under the AAA 1000 miles to anywhere price plan :eek:
Since you and the Bee are obviously very connected (based on our little sojourn around the Glen at Expo) I'm glad that you were alert, safe and unharmed :smile:
I'm not sure that as a track newbie I would have been as in tune with the feel of the car tho I would like to think that I would before my wheel went flying off into the sunset :eek: :eek: :eek:
Glad everyone had a good time and that Bubba and Cooter weren't playing banjos on the way home :eek:

Why do you think that DocJohn was smiling, it wasn't because his car was injured, it was because he was looking for more than just "dueling banjos", "squeal like a Pig"!!! :eek:

Back