• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

We lost a local NSX owner last week.....IRVinFLA.

It saddens me to inform you all that our friend Irv passed away last week. He was battling cancer and responding well to the therapy, however a stroke was the cause of his sudden passing.

GODSPEED Irv.

he will be missed ..Godspeed...

9f47ae734dd040ca5df16993c91cc335.jpg

Irv with his new wheels 3 years ago. Miss the guy!

Warmest wishes to his family ... RIP

It saddens me to inform you all that our friend Irv passed away last week. He was battling cancer and responding well to the therapy, however a stroke was the cause of his sudden passing.

GODSPEED Irv.

So sorry to hear this.....Wonder if you might post a little about Irv for those of us who didn't know him. I might have met him at the recent Orlando NSXPO?

So sorry to hear this.....Wonder if you might post a little about Irv for those of us who didn't know him. I might have met him at the recent Orlando NSXPO?

Some of us attended a memorial at his home. I asked his wife Harriett for some information about Irv, and she promised to provide, but as you can imagine, she has tons of things to do more important than this. When things settle down for her and she has time to send us something, one of us will post, but in the meantime . . . .

I really don't know much about Irv except that I believe he was a fairly prominent judge in NY. I don't know if he was state or federal. We attended a number of shows and things together, and he was always friendly. Not too long ago, his NSX caught fire under the dash, likely from instrument panel capacitors leaking and shorting the circuit board. He was pretty upset, but worked with Dwight at Foreign Tech in Plantation, FL. They sourced used parts to replace those damaged by the fire, and the car was made whole again after much hand-wringing by Irv. He really enjoyed his NSX. Irv caught the fire very quickly, so damage was very limited.

I’ll share my experience with Irv.

I met Irv about 4 years ago. I had hosted a little meet at my home in Wellington Florida where we could all get our windows fixed by Hugo. Hugo was doing a US tour fixing windows and had stayed at my house. Irv was one of 7 owners who came to my house. We struck a conversation and became friends. He told me how he wanted new wheels for his car. So, I helped him find a set of wheels he liked. I used a video game, Gran Turismo, and showed him a bunch of options lol! He thought it was great. He ended up choosing a set of advan 5 spoke wheels from Stephen, the nsx carbon fiber guy. Helped him get his tires swapped and wheels put on. At his age, taking wheels on and off was a problem. I let him store his stock wheels at my house for a few months so we could figure out where to put them lol. My wife drove him around a few times he needed a ride in the interim with my kids in the car because I was busy. My kids referred to him as uncle Irv! I met up Irv one night when a group of my friends wanted a guys night out. I was in my late 30s at the time so all my buddies were pondering who this old guy was. He fit right in! We joked and laughed. Met up Irv on a few more occasions hanging out at his house and meeting his wife and looking at his art collection. Then I moved to Miami for work and hadn’t seen him in awhile. I would occasionally text or call him. I remember my last actual phone conversation. It was about how his health was getting much better and how he was recovering from a bout from an illness. I considered him one of my first nsx friends. Wish I could have spent more time with him. Super nice guy who really loved his nsx.

Thanks, RJ, for the remembrances. I, too, helped him out when he was getting those wheels refinished (I think that was why he needed a temporary set, I can't remember!) Anyways, I lent him my fat fives so he could move the car around temporarily. Interesting character for sure!

Thanks, RJ, for the remembrances. I, too, helped him out when he was getting those wheels refinished (I think that was why he needed a temporary set, I can't remember!) Anyways, I lent him my fat fives so he could move the car around temporarily. Interesting character for sure!

Oh yah forgot about that whole mess! I think that’s why my wife ended up driving him around lol.

Imagine Irv with my wife and kids riding around in my minivan ... LOL .. good times :)

I just stumbled back across this thread and happened to be listening to a song that brought some emotions with it.

Irv was a great guy and a true NSX enthusiast.

We caravaned back from NSXPO 2014 in Ohio with him and Eiffel.

It will be sad to not have him with us for this year's NSXcapades.

Back