• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well that didn't take long...

Coming home on the interstate...looks like someone's plastic under cover broke off and got kicked up on my number at 65 mph... My pristine car's number is now scratched to S#%*! I am so livid. Anyone know a good paint place in Tampa?

Coming home on the interstate...looks like someone's plastic under cover broke off and got kicked up on my number at 65 mph... My pristine car's number is now scratched to S#%*! I am so livid. Anyone know a good paint place in Tampa?

Sorry for your misfortune.
What is your "number?" I'm guessing you meant "bumper" and are very angry.
:confused:

Shawn knows a good paint place in that area as I recall.

same thing happened to me with the truck tire retread. I had no where to go with a wall on my left and a car on my right. All I could do is cringe and take it.

Gene Perez would do you a nice job. They are the shop that does all of Reeves (Porsche) work.
They did an outstanding job on my wife's Miata when the rear QP got crushed.
A bumper respray would be very easy for them.
Good luck.

Man, that sucks. :( I see tire debris on the freeway all the time :mad:, and then this morning a pigeon flew right into my windshield while I was driving 70+ mph. :eek: Scared the crap outta me. I'm glad I wasn't in my NSX!

Yea man it really sucks but it happens to everyone eventually, its the inherent risk of driving those public roads

one of our local owners took a full size cinder block to the front spoiler and lower bumper, can you imagine seeing that puppy and the split-second when you know you are gonna hit it :eek:

Personally, I lucked out when I took a tire retread as it only scratched the little black rubber front spoiler... definitely a pucker moment though

Definitely ask Shawn who he uses for resprays

alum04org gave you a good recommendation to talk to Shawn. I noticed you just joined Prime last month. If you don't know of shawn yet you will soon.
His full handle is shawn110975, he's local and does work on NSXs. He should have a paint shop recommendation for you.

Last edited:
Don't sweat it too much, it can be repair/replace. One time, my kid use the hood as her slide with her sparkling thingee in the back pocket and another time holding her booster and glide down on the hood/fender, and got bump a few time on my front bumper on street parking, hell I even bump the parking stopper a few time. Marking and scratches still there..!!

Live, Learn, be Well....

Last edited:
thanks for all the shout-outs guys

DEF DONT GO TO GENE PEREZ they thought my car was a new corvette.

then tells me how the NSX sucks cuz the burn thru tires,

and then said they dont touch cars that are made of full carbon fiber. NO JOKE

I told them I would drop my car off next week never did.

now my buddy dropped of his 2010 Boxster for a rear bumper re-spray and the black didnt match the rest of the car he was pissed never went back.

But PM me I have 3 guys that do my paint for me.

dep on the damage I can help.

Last edited:
Man, that sucks. :( I see tire debris on the freeway all the time :mad:, and then this morning a pigeon flew right into my windshield while I was driving 70+ mph. :eek: Scared the crap outta me. I'm glad I wasn't in my NSX!

I think I can beat that :biggrin:

1234.jpg

As for OP, I can understand you couldn't type 'bumper' in your first post. I was furious when this happened to my car so I can't imagine how out of my mind I would be if it happened to my (non existant yet) NSX !

Do you have any pics of the damage ?

Last edited:
wow that looks like a "crap mypants" type of moment.

I've had patients who were severely injured after debris went through the windshield and crushed them. bouncing tire, steel rebar, etc.

fwiw i've had my nsx variously resprayed maybe 12 times over the last decade from various scuff marks. it's the price of driving.

Wow, what caused that? I was in my 2000 Accord too, when I ran into the pigeon last week.

I won't hijack the thread by spaming pictures of an Accord (the first time I ever posted a picture of my car to show I was a honda fan, I almost got killed for posting the picture of a "tin can") so i will just link you to the original thread in which i explained what happened. You can also head to this post to see a few pictures of my stripped (interior) Accord

Ouch! That musta hurt. That happen to me once with my first NSX. Had to buy a whole new complete front bumper upper and lower plus a wings west front lip :frown:.

And had to pay to get it painted too...:frown:

Shiet happens....Good luck with getting your car repair. Make sure who repairing it knows what they are doing because you dont want it coming out looking like crap if you know what i mean :wink:

Last edited:

I had some work done on my NSX at Tampa Bay Collision Center
1121 S US Highway 301 Tampa, FL 33619. If it is not too bad, I would recommend them. I also had some work done on my Mercedes at Crown In St Pete....they did great work

I won't hijack the thread by spaming pictures of an Accord (the first time I ever posted a picture of my car to show I was a honda fan, I almost got killed for posting the picture of a "tin can") so i will just link you to the original thread in which i explained what happened. You can also head to this post to see a few pictures of my stripped (interior) Accord

Wow, crazy! :eek: Glad you were not hurt.

Where is OP ? we need news of his baby

Will post some pics up later today. I got some recommendations from Shawn as far as paint goes. The bumper is going to need a respray. I just hope they can get the black matched. Oh well the price I pay for driving. There are bigger things in life to sweat.

The previous owner went 16 years without a scratch ... Lol

MC

1996 NSX-T
2008 Z06
2011 CTS-V

Back