• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

West L. A. Sports Car Event!

I'm sure some of you know already. I see some NSX's on the list. But I want to see more NSX's. So I can drool over and it and beg for rides!
biggrin.gif
Here's the link! hope to see you guys there. If a dork in glasses comes up and talks to you guys for no reason. It's me.
wink.gif

http://www.t66mkiv.com/SCCM_IV/sports_car_club_meet_v.htm

Originally posted by ElegantTL-S:
I'm sure some of you know already. I see some NSX's on the list. But I want to see more NSX's. So I can drool over and it and beg for rides!
biggrin.gif
Here's the link! hope to see you guys there. If a dork in glasses comes up and talks to you guys for no reason. It's me.
wink.gif

http://www.t66mkiv.com/SCCM_IV/sports_car_club_meet_v.htm

I would LOVE to go, but i dont get my NSX until LATE July...I think my beater civic hatchback would look somewhat inadequate amongst the sea of japanese and german thoroughbreeds. Man....that totally sucks, i totally wanted to be there this year. oh wells, there is always next year. looks like ill just show up and park many blocks down from the event...haha.

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 18 July 2002).]

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 18 July 2002).]

I encourage everyone to go no matter what you drive...I invited everyone that is a car enthusiast at my work to come along....

it will most likely be WAY to big for any type of cruise, not to mention my friend crashed two years ago in his M3, and the Cobra R crashed last year, I will pass on the cruise thing....I'm going just to see all the cars in the lot, and take some pics....dont forget cops were out last year too...

I just signed up too.

Last year, some of us West L.A. NSXers just showed up for the gathering (smart too, considering the following drive had numerous accidents). This year sounds like they wised up and are just organizing a meeting.

Tan, nice meeting you yesterday. I didn't realize you have an S2000...I assume you're keeping it.

--Eric

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 19 July 2002).]

Hey, where are the rest of the West L.A./South Bay NSXers on the list? I just realized that none of you guys have signed up!

And what about you CalCoastal guys?

Tan, do you want to meet up somewhere near the event so we can show up together? Last year, four or five of us did this so we'd be parked in a row.

Here's my deal...

I have a friend named Pete who lives in Torrance, roughly fifteen minutes west of the meeting spot. He will very likely (assuming he wakes up early enough) be going to the meet in his Integra Type R, so my current plan is to drop by his place and caravan with him from there.

As Pete's place isn't really near any of the freeways, I assume it would be a bit out of the way for you to meet there (you said you're from Orange County, right?). If you still want to meet up and head into the meeting location together, we could find a more ideal spot just off the freeway and not too far from the gathering.

Privately e-mail me your cell number ([email protected]) so I can let you know exactly when I'm leaving Pete's place.

I'd like to get there early (the thing starts at 7am, right?)...but I won't know until I leave my place whether or not he's going. I'll probably leave Marina del Rey around 6:30am...if I'm awake
biggrin.gif

I noticed someone with a McLaren F1 signed up...think he'll show?

I doubt the Mclaren F1 will show, seems like every year there is some crazy car signed up that doesnt make it...I hope so though!!

I think the majority of people will come in from 7:30 to about 8...7am is earlier than work!!

Since only Tan expressed interest in meeting before the meet, I'm just going to meet up with my friend Pete and head over whenever.

See ya all there!

I'm gonna make an attempt to get up in time to make this. Anyone else coming up from San Diego?

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

The meet was a cool event.
Got to meet Tan,Akira3d,Fury XX and Leonard. Stopped bye w/ Fury XX and Leonard,NSX Modified. Leonard and I then crusied downtown H.B.

Good meeting you guys,I'm sure all see you around O.C. or San Diego.....

it is great to meet some of you all and put faces to your usernames. And drool over your NSX's. The meet was good, but that didn't seem like the 400+ cars, which was originally signed up.

Yup, Wadasan, definitely cool to see such a large gathering of cars (as we suspected, no McLaren F1). Good meeting you and Leonard and hanging with the usual suspects.

If those ITR guys that hooked up with us en route to Kings Hawaiian are scoping around this thread, it was good meeting you too.

Sorry I had to skip out on breakfast at the last minute.

I'll post pics when I get a chance...the video I suspect isn't worth spending too much time on since I was never really in a good position to catch cars in motion. Also, I'm not terribly thrilled with the fact that the marine layer loomed large. I was hoping to get better pics this year than at the last one of these gatherings.

Great to have put a face to these members. Did not realized you guys cruised to Huntington Beach, I would have been up for that. Oh well, See some of you Thursday @ NSX Modified..

Tan

Blue- we really didnt plan to go to Larry's, after we had breakfast, it was only three of us, we had really nothing to do , Larry's was on the way home for Fury, so we decided just to go...

Fury- post some pics up!

I'm trying, but they did some firewall work here at work, and I'm having difficulty FTP'ing my pics to my site.
frown.gif
Hopefully have everything fixed by this evening.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Yeah, try the link. If it doesn't work, hit the refresh button. (Don't know what the problem is yet.)

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I finally posted pics of this event, but not on my NSX website. Go here to view them.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Back