• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you do all winter ?

Just wondering what the unfortunate ones who have to park their cars all winter do to keep themselves busy. I park mine Nov 1 and get it out sometime in early May. I used to downhill ski, but a couple of ankle surgeries took care of that. I don't travel , so I just stay home.My wife works from home so that is nice. I get to snow blow and I have two Westies to keep me active.At least my garage is heated so I can do stuff to the car.

Just wondering what the unfortunate ones who have to park their cars all winter do to keep themselves busy. I park mine Nov 1 and get it out sometime in early May. I used to downhill ski, but a couple of ankle surgeries took care of that. I don't travel , so I just stay home.My wife works from home so that is nice. I get to snow blow and I have two Westies to keep me active.At least my garage is heated so I can do stuff to the car.

You're living my life (minus the Westies). What do I do? I get the winter blues and hibernate :frown:. I hate the cold!

In the off months, I use it as time to REALLY detail and clean the car, and replace small things here and there. Taking things apart, cleaning, putting it back together, etc.

I have a fully finished and heated garage, so it makes it enjoyable. I watch TV and work on the car. :)

still drive mine because it doesn't snow in Florida!:biggrin:

andrewSequence_hg.jpg

In California we've the option to go to snow.

I spend most of the winter avoiding family reunions and get togethers, I usually spend it driving or working on cars. This will be my first Christmas since the move and no garage space to speak of :frown: I guess I'll have to play nice this year.

All winter I do the same thing I do the rest of the year.

I work on my NSX developing new and interesting mods....
except when my wife insists that I go with her to a Beach Angles bikini contest (outdoors and at midnight) to give moral support for her daughter.

This photo was taken this past Saturday night at midnight.
It was a little chilly that night... 71 degrees, but that's Hawaii.

>

Last edited:

except when my wife insists that I go with her to a Beach Angles bikini contest (outdoors and at midnight) to give moral support for her daughter.

bikini_contest.JPG
[/IMG]

Gosh, WHAT A DRAG :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :tongue:

I used to drive mine through the winter unless the snow got to be too much. This year, it's hiding in a garage and getting some work done to it while I'm away for the year. I get to miss the driving season and come home straight into another winter. Yay.

Calif-Quake-Scenario.jpg

I hope California doesn't fall into the ocean anytime soon.

Not in our lifetime.

I wished there were more earthquakes as there are hurricanes and tornadoes and ice storms that are easily forecasted every year in the Bible Belt and below.

BTW, I reside in Nor cal where we've got the boring faults, not the blind aults. Most major faults in southern California reach, and thus intersect with, the surface of the Earth. This intersection of the fault plane with the surface produces a linear feature called a fault trace. Some faults -- most commonly, low-angle thrust faults -- do not reach the surface, however. Scientists refer to these as blind faults, and are constantly seeking new way to reveal them, since they can do as much damage as faults that are easily located on the surface; the Whittier Narrows and Northridge earthquakes both occurred on blind thrust faults, and are prime examples of the danger of blind faults.

The photo that you depicted was from the Northridge where the LEO was riding his motorcycle bike at night, didn't see the missing pavement and dropped to his demise.

skiing,snowball fights with my boys/freezing/minor depression/taxes/freezing/cowering in the corner hiding from the flu/Vit D deficiency/shoveling snow.....:biggrin:

Not in our lifetime.

I wished there were more earthquakes as there are hurricanes and tornadoes and ice storms that are easily forecasted every year in the Bible Belt and below.

I am ok with hurricanes every year rather an unannounced, unpredictable gift from the shifting earth.

Not in our lifetime? Thats not a bet I would ever put money on.

>

So which one is her daughter? :biggrin:

I am ok with hurricanes every year rather an unannounced, unpredictable gift from the shifting earth.

Not in our lifetime? Thats not a bet I would ever put money on.

we are due for a major quake, but it's not going to be the hollywood style 2012 one that you were hoping for....

Buy a fun winter car and enjoy driving year round!

Audi S4 perhaps!
Why is everyone avoiding the obvious? Just put some winter tires on the x and keep enjoying it. Consider the benefits .. you'll get to practice drifting .. won't have to worry about the battery going flat .. or whether to leave it on tires on put it on jack stands .. or worry about the stabilizer gumming things up .. the a/c o-rings won't lose lube and dry out .. and the best part is people's looks like you're stark raving mad. Actually, that's not really the best part .. the best part is putting your foot in it again and listening to that glorious sound every time you get a clear stretch of pavement.

Back