• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think?

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section but I have just recently become very interested in NSX's, as this rich man who lives not too far from me (He used to play for the Cleveland Browns) always has an NSX in his driveway and I just love the way it looks. I have a few questions.

1. How much of a difference in speed/power are the manual transmission NSX's from the automatic ones?
2. Would an NSX be a decent daily driver in NE Ohio during the spring/summer/fall, pretty much whenever there is no snow on the ground?

I currently own a 2009 Dodge Challenger SE with K&N Short Ram Intake and Pypes Catback Exhaust and believe I can get about $20-23K for it. Here's a picture of it:
IMG_20110420_151957.jpg

With this money I am considering purchasing this NSX:

http://www.lemonfree.com/JH4NA1263MT003164.html-1

Does this sound like a good deal, or should I not even bother with an automatic NSX?

Thanks.

PS- Those questions you have to answer to register are really hard! It took me 3 times to get it right. It kept asking me for something like "What is half of one quarter of one tenth of 275?" or something like that. Phew!

I would recommend a manual NSX over an auto.
Yes, you can DD an NSX when the roads are dry in NE Ohio (for the most part I do when it is dry and above freezing, I am also in northern Ohio).

I did not know of that car in Akron, do not necessarily be afraid of high miles (check these threads... http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34107 and http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156016). Some questions to ask the seller about maintenance are: date and mileage of timing belt and water pump replacement, also clutch replacement (these are the big ticket items that need to be replaced).

I do not know of that red car. The black one in VA has been for sale since I made my purchase, but I never looked at it, not sure why it has been for sale for so long. Type the VIN# into the search box as there is a good chance you will find some info on the cars you are look at.

It is common for cars to have problems with the following: climate control, radio/CD/speakers/antenna, and slow windows.

Search and read the wiki (link at the top of the page), there is lots of good info on here. I am still only 6 months into my NSX ownership (lurked here for years before purchasing), feel free to shoot me a PM if I can help as I am relatively local.

Ok thanks man. I'm going to try to take a look at the NSX in Akron. Hopefully there are some proper documents for this one because it looks very nice IMO

Is it worth the extra $4,000 + drive to Virginia? I'm from NE Ohio.

I have seen this car and passed on it. It was too rough though it was priced well and could probably be bought for less.
I just did the unthinkable and bought an AT car. What a pleasure to drive. Lots of guts, tight shifting both up and down through the gears. My prior was a manual and my DD non-NSX is, also. I know that there is a strong "must be a manual" argument out there but make a decision based on your driving environment. My $.02.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

I like this quote in the first ad. "The engine of the Acura NSX is mid-mounted, so that the trunk is located in the front of the vehicle." Hilarious!:biggrin: If possible, drive both first and decide which you like better. Stay away from the AT if you even have an inkling that you might want more power down the road and also be aware that if you ever want to sell, the buyer pool will be quite smaller for an AT.

Back