• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What do you love the most about your NSX...

I'll explain it like this - have you ever beheld something so beautifully designed and engineered, that it is a joy to experience regardless of its actual function?

Here's an example. When I was a kid, my uncle owned a fancy expensive stereo. It had some exotic foreign name, people ooohed and ahhhed over it, and we kids weren't even supposed to touch it. But once when no one was looking, I went up and turned the volume knob.

I still rememeber that knob. It was big and black, seemed the size of a baseball. Had a finely serated edge, it was heavy like a futuristic metal, felt like something BIG was happening when you turned it. And it made this sublime tick-tick-tick, one tick for each increment of turn. It was so precise, you felt like you could perform surgery with it.

For me, the ENTIRE NSX is like that knob. That's what I love about this car.

Timbo said:
I'll explain it like this - have you ever beheld something so beautifully designed and engineered, that it is a joy to experience, regardless of its actual function?

Here's an example. When I was a kid, my uncle owned a fancy expensive stereo. It had some exotic foreign name, people ooohed and ahhhed over it, and we kids weren't even supposed to touch it. But once when no one was looking, I went up and turned the volume knob.

I still rememeber that knob. It was big and black, seemed the size of a baseball. Had a finely serated edge, it was heavy like a futuristic metal, felt like something BIG was happening when you turned it. And it made this sublime tick-tick-tick, one tick for each increment of turn. It was so precise, you felt like you could perform surgery with it.

For me, the ENTIRE NSX is like that knob. That's what I love about this car.

It keeps me from having to grow up(old). Man when I read this I got tingles down my back, I loved the feeling of being a kid. :tongue:

Timbo said:
I'll explain it like this - have you ever beheld something so beautifully designed and engineered, that it is a joy to experience regardless of its actual function?
I don't think I could say it any better.

The new headlamps. BTW I am the only one in Brunei to have the 02 headlamps. :biggrin:

It's a fast and reliable track car with only minor modifications - there is hardly any other car that was designed to match and withstand longtime heavy track use even with race slicks.

And at the same time it can be a comfortable GT car that leaves you fresh and happy even after a long trip over public streets.

The side profile view - my god these cars look stunning. My wife just came back from an errand, and I watched as she drove past the front of the house, turned the corner and pulled into the driveway.

Every time I see the car from that angle I remember why I fell in love with it back in 1991 when as a poor high-school grad, I saw my first one up-close in a grocery store parking lot.

Other things I love about it:

the sound - Comptech CAI + CTSC; the car sounds like nothing else I've ever heard.
the comfort - I'm 5'10" and a lean 165lbs - the car just "fits" perfect
the exclusivity - I love the fact that it's the only one within a 60 mile radius
the community - Prime; 'nuff said
the drive - empty twisty back roads are my friend, looking forward to Summit Point with the 2005

With the delivery of our second one next month (and my big pile of parts for it), I'm committed to the car. We had a host of other choices after the dealer agreed to take the 2004 back, but I'd not choose anything else.

Ryan

The overall experience of precision and competence. This is an analyst's dream car. It does everything well, the quality, fit, finish, engineering, everything is first-rate. It's the car that the automotive press hated to love because it really had no flaws.

It draws looks, goes real fast, handles exceptionally well, the ergonomics are fantastic, it is gorgeous to behold, just a "wow, I freakin own this thing" type of car.

And, it looks like a racecar. My 911-owning buddy saw me turning a corner going into DC from a bridge as he was headed out. I heard a honk of a horn. Never noticed him in his 996 w/ HIDs and 19s and Tubi or whatever it is. But, he saw me. People SEE you in this car...it looks kinda like a LeMans GT with that low, lean, speedy look.

My only dislike is the player hate from ppl who are hp-ratings-freaks.

Lime Green NSX said:
I love the seats... They hug you like a women but you get the feeling of speed behind you.....
This must be what it is like to get in touch with your feminine side.

My favorite thing is the intake at WOT....

S2NSX said:
Simple. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about it! :biggrin:

is there a better package... :eek:
low production, high quality, hand built & amazing reliability :biggrin: :smile:

The burned in tattoo the center console gives my right forearm on a hot sunny day... :rolleyes:

Nice car in general, but I think I'll probably sell mine sometime in the next 12 or so months. Had it going on 3 years and really do like it though. But it's about time for something bigger & better.

I wish I can relate with you guys but all I have is driving my freinds NSX and I completly understand what you all are talking about. Someday I will own one......someday....

For me it's the LOOKS.... It's like that commercial for the Toyota Celica where the police pulled the guy over just sitting there...

The NSX looks fast parked, it's lines are soooooo sexy and then you fire up the engine...WHAM!!!...then you go find yourself a nice 60 degree bank so you can let he car looose :biggrin:

MIke

Impecable engineering, style, form, fit, funtion, rarity, reliability, and most of all the feeling of pride in knowning this wonderful thing is all mine!! I've owned the rest now I own the best.

Back