• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is a Carlsson Benz??

I've never heard of them either. Is Carlsson the name of the guy who sold it to your friend?

If it is, he has a machine shop and embroidery shop, if you look at the pics on that link, Carlsson is embroidered into the seats and on the exhaust pipes.

They've been around for a bit. I think they're a Mercedes only tuner. They made mostly riceboy stuff (bodykits, rims) that costs way to much. Similar to Lorinser, another Mercedes riceboy tuner. Isn't a stock SL55 over 100k? Guess 135k isn't too much more, only the cost of my NSX.

actually he's a mortage broker who lives check to check, by next year he could very well be working at mcdonalds.

ss5153 said:
Nice, but with that kind of money he had, I would wait a year and find a used SL65 which is much faster. :biggrin:
I'm active on the Benz boards (I have an SLK) and there's a lot of debate over the SL55 versus the SL65. More than a few of the guys who've driven both prefer the supercharged low end V8 grunt of the 55.

actually he's a mortage broker who lives check to check, by next year he could very well be working at mcdonalds.

Heh, just stumbled upon this old thread. He's well on his way to McDonald's now. He has a $700K house that he can't pay for full of expensive leased cars that he can't pay for.

Heh, just stumbled upon this old thread. He's well on his way to McDonald's now. He has a $700K house that he can't pay for full of expensive leased cars that he can't pay for.

He was a part of the whole sub prime mortgage fiasco? The party had to end at some point.

Back