• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is my car worth? 1991 Nsx

vin JH4NA115XMT000660 64,000 miles
car is black on black
Replaced brake master cyclinder 4/8/08
Replace clutch master cylinder 4/8/08
Replace slave cylinder 4/8/08
Flushed both brake fluid and clutch fluid. 4/8/08
Spark plugs 5/1/13
Sos coolant tank
ccu rebuilt by briank
cv boots replaced and fresh grease
Zanadardi 3 piece floor matts
Viper alarm
Oil pressure sensor and meter changed 2/20/08
Has front spare tire
Has trunk tool kit
Double din stereo Pioneer with Bluetooth
Arc audio amplifier, 6" door speakers, angus 10 inch subwoofer
Tiatec exhaust gt-106 gtlw . have factory as well
Speed Tech. Headers I have factory as well. I think that's the name
Nsx type r-hood---on car now---have factory as well
NSx type r spoiler--needs painting---not on car
S2000 antenna
Coilovers--on car when I bought it
4 wheel alignment done- conservative
Ze forged shifter rims 17x8, 18x10=$2,420
Powder coated rims black
Tinted glass
New front windshield and upper molding---oem factory---2008 1000.00 have receipt

Newer battery
SOS polished coolant expansion tank
Cleaned and flowed fuel injectors 2/4/09--- witch hunter performance
Window fix it thingies
Downforce air intake
Uni air filter

I personally have not done any body work during my ownership i would rate paint 7/10, i do not know of any ever being done.

IT WILL NEED A CLUTCH IN THE NEAR FUTURE PER BEN AND A PPI THAT WAS JUST DONE. CLUTCH HAS NO PROBLEMS AT THIS TIME. I WOULD STILL HAVE NO PROBLEM DRIVING TO CALI AND BACK IN IT. CLUTCH WAS ADJUSTED BY BEN AT DAISY AUTO NOTED ON RECEIPT THAT IT WILL NEED REPLACED IN NEAR FUTURE.
CLEAN CARFAX-I BELIEVE 7 OWNERS-NEVER ANY REPORTED DAMAGE.
Title is free and clear

Spent 3k on the following by Daisy Import Autocare (NSX expert) Sept 2014. 63988 miles
Replace timing belt, tensioner, seals,cam end plugs, thermostat, coolant, all hoses,
Inspect butterfly's with camera, check trans fluid, oil filter, adjust valves, clean throttle body,
Install new vtec gaskets, tw sensor, ac belt, alternator belt, new oem ground cable, new fuel filter,

I ALSO HAVE RECEPT FROM PREVIOUS OWNER FOR ALMOST IDENTICAL SERVICE PRIOR TO MY PURCHASE. CAR HAS BEEN WELL MAINTAINED.

Car is good to go for many years, I have only put about 20k miles on it since I have owned it roughly 7-8 yrs. been deployed for almost 3 of the yrs of ownership
Car has always been garaged. I have 1 yr left on a 2 yr tour in Japan and look to get something a little more practical when I return. Car is stored in swansboro n.c. 28584 at my brothers. Some of the oem parts not on the car are at my house in VA, if buyer would want them. thats about a 4hr trip from where car is stored.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

Last edited:
mileage is roughly 64,000?

Sounds like a lightly modded early model NSX with up to date maintenance by a reputable shop and fairly low mileage. I would say $35k on an average day and $40k on a good day. Price it above $40k if you are content to wait for the right buyer, price it below $35k if you just want it gone.

I assume a clean carfax and no accident history - that would change things.

Good luck with the sale.

Did I miss where you said how many miles were on it currently? I mean I see 64K as of last September, so is that the current mileage?

Based on what I have seen while searching across the country for NSX's, I'd say somewhere in the ballpark of 35-38. All depends on how fast you want to sell it.

I agree with the first two opinions. $35-40k. I would think asking over $40k it would just sit. If I were you, I would price it at 38-39k and see what happens. You are not leaving a lot of money on the table with this approach. Good luck with sale.

My two cents, spend a little extra and replace that shift knob as it is pretty worn down. It is something that a potential buyer will connect to the car to and you will want them to have a good connection rather than a worn out knob.

Part number: 54102-SL0-003ZB

Let me justify my estimate.

The mods you have don't really add much value, except maybe the exhaust. But they do narrow your potential buying audience.

The maintenance is a big plus, especially the TB/WP, but the clutch almost offsets that. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a nice NSX. I also think 33-34 is a fair price if you want to sell it reasonably quickly. I would consider selling mine at 33 and I am not that anxious to sell. It's very similar with fairly recent maintenance on the usual stuff including TB/WP, and it has about 20K more miles on it. But it has a complete service history, five spoke and seven spoke OEM rims, and comes with a spare OEM clutch that I picked up at a good price a while back. But you never know. That's why I said "ask 38". Nobody is going to offer more than you ask, after all.

I think some of the prices guys suggest on these kinds of threads reflect how they value their cars more than how much they would pay for one.

I think there is some truth to that tof.

Thanks to blue_myriddn I have been keeping tabs on asking prices and sold vs unsold. The cars in the same 'class' as the OPs with asking prices between 32-35 seem to sell within a few days to a few weeks. The ones that have asking prices above that seem sit to around forever, and end up relisted over and over again in the case of ebay or other classified sites. Do they sell for higher than that? Sure, but it takes a long time.

So, OP... The question isnt solely how much is your car worth. It also matters how fast you want to sell it, if at all.

Good point, Mr. Fusion. (Didn't you used to make those little 1.21 Gigawatt power plants like the one on Doc Brown's DMC?)

I offer as further support the add here...Yeah, it's an automatic so knock off a grand or two for that. But the car has almost 20K fewer miles so add a grand or two back, at least. Mods are roughly comparable, although no mention of TB/WP on this one. I think this one will sell quick if there is anyone out there looking for an automatic.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...47-500-mi-33k-Nor-Cal-(VIN-JH4NA1261MT002885)

Last edited:
Back