• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the average value of a rebuilt title

This salvage title stuff scares me badly at times. Yeah, some people fix them to almost 100%. Watch you get the guy that sells you an almost lemon car. I wish you luck man. I dont want to see a new NSX owner get a "nightmare" car. I want all the new owners to be happy like I am.:biggrin:

depends on what was done and who fixed it and how shitty or well it was repaired. i mean would you drive a car that has been wrecked repaired incorrectly with a clean title that drives all ffffeeeddd up or a car that has been wrecked and put back together correctly. i mean do i pay tons of money for a peice of paper or an actual car.

+1 on what Mac said.

back to that 2005 that was re-painted red and added pop-ups lights

thats a bad repair in my book

I would part that car out

depends on what was done and who fixed it and how shitty or well it was repaired. i mean would you drive a car that has been wrecked repaired incorrectly with a clean title that drives all ffffeeeddd up or a car that has been wrecked and put back together correctly. i mean do i pay tons of money for a peice of paper or an actual car.

+2

I passed on some cars with a clean title because it had some accident history. I just didn't feel right about buying it. Some things didn't look right. I am buying the car and not the paper. :smile:

I should have the car by Sunday. Can't wait!

Last edited:
I say a fair place to start for a properly documented (pics before, after and parts invoices) and rebuilt NSX is 75% of it's clean titled counterpart. So long as there is not damage to the frame I see no issues with the purchase of a rebuild. As far as insurance goes, here is my experience. My insurance company, USAA, will insure a vehicle at 80% of their LTV of a comparable clean titled vehicle. So for instance, USAA gives an LTV of $46,000 for an '02 w/60k miles. So the figure USAA uses for the insurance policy on this example is $36,800. The market value of an '02 w/60k miles is more along the lines of $53k - $56k. $40,000 for a well documented rebuild for a car with a $54,000 market price is decent, at least in my view.

The value is what a person is willing to pay and risk that they are willing to accept to life and limb in the event of a subsequent crash in a improperly rebuilt NSX.

As stated above, I bought the car for the car not for the paper. Mine has a previous slavage title. It's a 1991 with a documented 25,700 miles. I crawled in and out of this car and I looked at everything very closely in the area of damage before laying out the cash. The car runs & drives perfectly. For me, this car is a perfect fit. Due to the salvage title, I won't feel guilty modding the car to my tastes nor will I feel guilty driving the car. The car is nice as is but when it rolls out of my garage next spring no one will ever know what the title says on it and I am going to have a ball driving the car. Some people would shy away but for me, it is the perfect fit. I paid $19,000 for the car so I won't feel guilty throwing $10K on maintenance & mods and still be reasonably priced for the miles on the car and should get years of enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:
I just don't get it.....I'd buy a salvage that has been properly repaired in a minute! Nothing better than a new coat of paint (properly done). If the car is put back in original condition, I wouldn't hesitate on buying it. Great opportunity to get a great car for a 10% discount!

Having a salvage title on your NSX is like having a really hot wife that used to be a hooker. It's just not the same and it makes you feel "dirty".

makes perfect logical sense to me.

As stated above, I bought the car for the car not for the paper. Mine has a previous slavage title. It's a 1991 with a documented 25,700 miles. I crawled in and out of this car and I looked at everything very closely in the area of damage before laying out the cash. The car runs & drives perfectly. For me, this car is a perfect fit. Due to the salvage title, I won't feel guilty modding the car to my tastes nor will I feel guilty driving the car. The car is nice as is but when it rolls out of my garage next spring no one will ever know what the title says on it and I am going to have a ball driving the car. Some people would shy away but for me, it is the perfect fit. I paid $19,000 for the car so I won't feel guilty throwing $10K on maintenance & mods and still be reasonably priced for the miles on the car and should get years of enjoyment out of it.

In NY, insurance collision policies are for the"Actual Cash Value" (ACV) of the vehicle being insured.

In the interest of protecting the consumer, the NYS Dept.of Motor Vehicle require that damages to a vehicle that amount to or exceeds 75% of the pre-accident value (ACV) be declared.
Such vehicles are branded and have the words "salvage vehicle" written on the title.

This is freely acknowledge as having a negative impact on the actual cash value of the vehicle and therefore it becomes worth less than a vehicle that has not been damaged to that extent, REGARDLESS of the quality of restoration.

Now here's my opinion.
IMO the value of a rebuilt salvage NSX, one that in theory is rebuilt correctly, is worth at least 25 to 35% less, than an exact same NSX that has a clean title and no salvage history.

Back