• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What non exotic car(s) are you currently drooling over???

All I want is for Honda to build a modern replacement for the Element. They can call it an E-RV if they want to complement the current lineup. There is nothing currently on the market that will do what the Element does. It has nearly the utility of a van with the creature comforts of an SUV and it definitely qualifies as a non-exotic :biggrin:

nice!!! love the color too!!!congrats..... you still have the NSX right???

About a year and a half ago, I picked up a Lexus ISF for my daily duties and absolutely love it. New they were more than 50k but now you can find a pretty clean one with lower mileage for less than 50k.

Picking up a used:

S2000 (actually almost did this one, but saved a little longer for the NSX)
Golf R
STi hatch
S5 (the older V8)
1series

Tesla P90D with Ludicrous Option
p90d.jpg

Range Rover Evoque is owned by China now and from what I read, they will knocked off the price for a third of the price of the real thing. The final note. reliability is sucked.

I'm currently on my 3rd Miata and I'm just waiting for the right time to pick up the new one. Going slow can be fun!
The Miata is a drivers car, like only Mazda seems to know how to do nowadays (if we count out the expensive exotics). That may be true for Lotus too, but the Elise is too much of a compromise...

This

Harrop-HSV-Clubsport_2_-gallery.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently on my 3rd Miata and I'm just waiting for the right time to pick up the new one.

Going slow can be fun!

I agree.

I have a 95 Miata and there is something to be said about just cruising around on a nice hot summer afternoon/night with the top down

This

Harrop-HSV-Clubsport_2_-gallery.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

I have a 95 Miata and there is something to be said about just cruising around on a nice hot summer afternoon/night with the top down

I am usually astute about these kinds of things and I don't recognize this car. I WAS going to guess it's some sort of Holden, but then when I quoted this post, the path to the image showed me it is a Harrop HSV Clubsport R8. Which I googled. I kinda had a strong suspicion it was a Holden (Holden Specialty Vehicles) since its C-pillars strongly resemble the USA Pontiac G8 and Chevrolet SS. Nice choice.

Ditto on Miata. See my .sig. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yike! You are right I was confused. I thought China bought the name and tried to import to US and other countries with low price to attract the customers.

Like I said, you gotta love China...no shame in their game:biggrin:

They'll have the new Nsx out before Honda does.:tongue:

I am usually astute about these kinds of things and I don't recognize this car. I WAS going to guess it's some sort of Holden, but then when I quoted this post, the path to the image showed me it is a Harrop HSV Clubsport R8. Which I googled. I kinda had a strong suspicion it was a Holden (Holden Specialty Vehicles) since its C-pillars strongly resemble the USA Pontiac G8 and Chevrolet SS. Nice choice.

Ditto on Miata. See my .sig. :biggrin:

I'm out of space for another car. I was going to buy a G8 V6 for under $10k since no one wants one. And then drop a LS7 in there with supporting mods.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G1k_XIvqmvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The new Chevy SS (Holden) for 2015 is now offered in stick and with magnetic ride. I think 2000 will be made per year for another year and it seems that they will cease production. I'm gathering that it would be a good sleeper cult car and it's on my radar as an used car that I like to get and toss a TVS2300 on.

I'm expecting to see one of these appear in my driveway somewhat soon. It will be a nice upgrade from my 2002 250k mile Accord "work truck."

2015-Toyota-Tacoma-Double-Cab-Base-Super-White.png

LOL, same here. Not sure that I like the 2016 model yet. But yes, by Dec I should have one of these too.
I'm expecting to see one of these appear in my driveway somewhat soon. It will be a nice upgrade from my 2002 250k mile Accord "work truck."

2015-Toyota-Tacoma-Double-Cab-Base-Super-White.png

LOL, same here. Not sure that I like the 2016 model yet. But yes, by Dec I should have one of these too.

I've only looked a little bit on the 2016 and I'm kind of intrigued. The iPhone integration seems better, the screen is larger, the interior looks better, it comes with a locking tailgate, apparently it comes with a spoiler that helps mileage even though I'll probably just cover it instead of leaving it open which will help mileage... I think they raised the base price 2.3k. if that carries through once you upgrade to double cab and 4 x 4, it might be worth sticking with the 2015 since they should start being discounted if they haven't already. I do need to look into this soon, my accord has seen happier days. :)

Friend of mine has a Corolla FX16 sitting in his garage with a misfire issue.. want it so bad but can't justify another vehicle, and don't need a different daily. If only.. it yearns for the road again, I can tell. Does that count?
cg1bhr73sddenlmi97ye.jpg

I would like an S2000, but that doesn't make much sense with the rest of the 2 seater lineup I have. I'm interested in getting an 03-06 E55 AMG for DD duties once I return to the US, but that will most likely turn into getting an 04+ Acura TSX.

Wife has a new A5... nice car but a little soft for me. Would like the S5 myself.

I dive the IS250 and liked every thing but the engine... terribly underpowered. The IS350 is much more responsive but price... ugh.

Back