• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What non exotic car(s) are you currently drooling over???

U
Wife has a new A5... nice car but a little soft for me. Would like the S5 myself.

I dive the IS250 and liked every thing but the engine... terribly underpowered. The IS350 is much more responsive but price... ugh.

Nice... How is the power in the A5? Soft as in heavy and sloppy ??? Pics please btw....

I find the car laggy unless you put the automatic in "S" mode instead of "D" mode. Then, and only then, does it start to feel like a sport coupe. Not as quick as my ATS, which is also equipped with a 2.0 turbo, but it is also a lighter vehicle.

I like the lower center of gravity in the A5... refreshing given so nany cars going for a "truck-like" feel in driving position. However, the softness in the suspenion, which providing a solid ride that soaks up the bumps in our crappy Michigan roads, gives the car a bit too much body roll, especially for a coupe.

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-by-TopCar-1-640x426.jpg

Porsche isn't exactly an "exotic" is it especially when its not a 911/GT3/GT2/GT/918 etc

I'm currently digging the "new" Porsche Macan Turbo as i think it is one of the BEST looking and BEST performance compact SUV compared to it's competition (only other comparable on will be the GLA AMG 43, but gosh i think it looks hideous). Coupled with PDK, 400hp, and 406lb/ft @ 1,350 rpm... ya. The perfect DD/cruiser (if you don't need EXCESSIVE cargo space and if you are not jamming in 5 adults.)

Last edited:
I think MT did a review between the macan and GLA AMG and the AMG was better handling and driving.

Yes yes, but the looks just doesn't cut it for me lol. Also to be honest, i am sure the Porsche still drives very good when compared to many DD cars. Plus i got the M3.... and a NSX (my fun go kart car =D) so the Macan will be fantastic addition and it looks so good (to me). Cheers!

I'm liking the BRZ/FRS?

I think there are several past or current Twin owners on Prime. You can always start a thread for questions you might have..

I love my NSX enough that I don't miss my BRZ very much -- off the top of my head it would only be the cheap/abundant oem and aftermarket parts.. and oddly enough the smell. The Limited smells like leather plus just being a new car. My 91 nsx has an old vinyl smell.. lol.

I'm loving the 2016 MX-5 a bit tooo much. It's priced right, cheap maintenance, 2300lbs, great no nonsense interior and it looks damn good.

Ended up going 'Murican ... Picked this up erlier this month. Wifey wanted a 7 passenger.

Really impressed so far with this ride..the thing is smoother then my 06 is250 and is pretty tech'd out..Really going to enjoy the six years maintainence free:smile:

24116300364_ac4953679b_b_d.jpg

Already using the wheels on app looking for wheel upgrade:tongue:

24171143764_0170084065_b_d.jpg

24172432113_2da8276f47_z_d.jpg

24799317065_2e7baeb3cb_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
I am usually astute about these kinds of things and I don't recognize this car. I WAS going to guess it's some sort of Holden, but then when I quoted this post, the path to the image showed me it is a Harrop HSV Clubsport R8. Which I googled. I kinda had a strong suspicion it was a Holden (Holden Specialty Vehicles) since its C-pillars strongly resemble the USA Pontiac G8 and Chevrolet SS. Nice choice.

Ditto on Miata. See my .sig. :biggrin:

I was hoping I would be the first to produce this, but y'all beat me to it. This is actually my daily driver, the NSX is the weekend toy. 2015 Chevy SS Sedan, 6MT (only manual in Hawaii), Moonroof, and Spare (those are the only options available for it). It's a great car too, LS3 V8, Tremec 6060, and GM Magnetic Ride Control. Guess I am not the only one on the hot hatch side either, big fan of the Fiesta ST and the new Focus RS.

Last edited:
I was hoping I would be the first to produce this, but y'all beat me to it. This is actually my daily driver, the NSX is the weekend toy. 2015 Chevy SS Sedan, 6MT (only manual in Hawaii), Moonroof, and Spare (those are the only options available for it). It's a great car too, LS3 V8, Tremec 6060, and GM Magnetic Ride Control. Guess I am not the only one on the hot hatch side either, big fan of the Fiesta ST and the new Focus RS.

Ever since I bought my GTO I've falling in love over the Holden cars. Bang for the buck.

How many miles do you have on your SS?

Ever since I bought my GTO I've falling in love over the Holden cars. Bang for the buck.

How many miles do you have on your SS?

i was always intrigued by the GTO, but my lust began with the Pontiac G8 GXP. When Chevy announced the SS for a 2014 model year, I got excited until they released it with an outdated automatic only (the 6speed unit was competing with everyone's ZF sourced 8 speed which I like) and a semi-harsh suspension. The car was begging for more, but when the 2015 announced a manual with the magnetic ride control I was sold. Watched the dealer site to see when one was going to hit my shores and was first in line. Car was mine.

As of now, I've owned it almost a year and being on an island I put 2600 miles on it. Everyone that rides in it loves it and can't believe Chevy didn't advertise the car well, outside of LS3 gas mileage the car really doesn't have that many negatives about it. People will complain about a $48k Chevy, but if this had a Caddilac badge on it, it would be $5-10k more without a doubt.

I have yet to experience a problem at all and have nothing but praises for the system. I am sure it won't be cheap,to replace, but neither are nice coilovers once they are shot either.

Replacement for the mag shocks is dirt cheap compared to other cars (F-cars) with the system. I've had no issues with mag shocks driving 75k miles between two CTS-Vs. The shocks are available at Amazon for $300-$400 each, then budget for install. It works out to less than a set of KWV3s for the NSX.

Good to know.

I'm sorta married to the GTO after the engine build with the Maggie and supporting mods.

Maybe in a few years I'll pick up the SS. Is the auto really that bad?

It's not bad, but compared to the 8SP ZF Auto in the MOPARs and the offerings from GM in the 2016 Camaro and C7 Vette, they could have done better. To me, you can tell it is one generation behind other transmissions available in 2014. If you want an SS, they will stop being produced in 2016. Manual transmission equipped ones come at a higher cost due to demand, plenty of the AT sourced ones sitting on lots that can be had for 5-6K off MSRP.

Yea the 4c is totally an exotic lol... but as for me its an RS7, S class coupe AMG, and possibly the Giulia (havent seen it in person). The Focus RS def has my attention though for the price, as well as the Golf R420 if it happens

But above all... F-TYPE!

Last edited:
It's not bad, but compared to the 8SP ZF Auto in the MOPARs and the offerings from GM in the 2016 Camaro and C7 Vette, they could have done better. To me, you can tell it is one generation behind other transmissions available in 2014. If you want an SS, they will stop being produced in 2016. Manual transmission equipped ones come at a higher cost due to demand, plenty of the AT sourced ones sitting on lots that can be had for 5-6K off MSRP.

Good to know. I think I'll plan for the a used auto with magnetic ride as my 4 door requirements grow.

Drool, but too costly: Corvette C7 Z06, Cayman S, BMW M4

Interested, more realistic: S2000 (preferably the new one coming out or one of the later-model older ones), Miata, VW GTI

Last edited:
Guilia is sweet. Saw it at the NAIAS and left drool marks on it.

Jaguar XE interests me...

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind getting my paws on a Sherp.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3j7n00Xx38o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back