• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should I do with a 49 miles NSX?

I think putting miles on an NSX with 49 original miles is insane. This car is going to be worth a lot of money one day, and probably in the not too distant future. This is not a car to daily drive.

Try SMD workshop in San Po Kong. Owner is Tommy Li, technician Ah Wah. Mine been serviced there for over a decade. They will look after u well !

The NSX is going to arrive HK in 10 days. What should I do with it?

A)Keep it in HK as a garage queen just as the previous owner. Drive it as least as possible.

B)Ship it to China and drive it occasionally.

Thanks for your opinion~

Why buy an investment and then drive it.. do you have others with lower miles? That is the only other reason I can come up with to wait that long just to place something rare with the un-rare.

If you wanted to paint something... would you buy a Monet and paint over it?

Driving that car is as good as this move...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gQoldFPvlGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If money isnt important because you have so much of it... people that are not equal to you monetarily will never be a good resource for advice...

If the guy in the video asked us if we think he should hire a bunch of guys with hammers and destroy the car or of writing a letter or making a phone call... we would be in disbelief that the hammer idea would ever get implemented...

There is driving a car and then there are valuable investments... valuable investments can be cars... driving a valuable investment turns the investment into just a car

Why buy an investment and then drive it.. do you have others with lower miles? That is the only other reason I can come up with to wait that long just to place something rare with the un-rare.

If you wanted to paint something... would you buy a Monet and paint over it?

Driving that car is as good as this move...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gQoldFPvlGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If money isnt important because you have so much of it... people that are not equal to you monetarily will never be a good resource for advice...

If the guy in the video asked us if we think he should hire a bunch of guys with hammers and destroy the car or of writing a letter or making a phone call... we would be in disbelief that the hammer idea would ever get implemented...

There is driving a car and then there are valuable investments... valuable investments can be cars... driving a valuable investment turns the investment into just a car

Very true that I don't need another car for commuting, it should be stored nicely and I have never driven a Nsx anyway.

That is a unique car for sure. I do not mean this to come off wrong, but what did you intend to do with it before you decided to buy it? Quite honestly, I would not care what a bunch of screen names on a random Internet site said to do with a car that I paid for. So when you bought it, what did you intend to do with it?

I didn't think much when I bought this car. Just for 3 mins and the decision made. It was a very rare chance and I just want to own a Nsx.

This is probably every NSX owners' dream come true.

I would love to own this car but at the same time this is where my headache begin. I wouldn't feel comfortable driving it because I would feel guilty putting miles on it and also afraid of any rock chip or scratches happen to it.

It would for sure stress me out ...

You have to drive it at least once! :)

Take it to China so I can go visit and see it.

heck with looking at it... you spend whatever you did. is the car going to appreciate that much?

IMO if you can afford what it cost you to bring it there and own it, why not drive it? albeit minimum (<2500 miles a year) whats really your downside in China? so you have it for 4-5 years and only have 10k on it. still worth close to what you paid. If you sell it in china do you make back all the money you paid? if not, screw it drive it and enjoy it. If you wanted something to look at you should have bought a painting.

Last edited:
If money is no object just buy another one to actually drive and collect this one for the historical record books.

Ship it, then drive it on Fridays and on the weekend, and special occasions (dates, etc.).

My 2002 had 14k on it when I bought it in spring of 2009. Shipped it to Germany, and drove it daily while I shopped for a cheap daily driver. But once I bought the daily driver, I drove the NSX on just Fridays and on the weekend (and never when it rained). Shipped it to Hawaii in 2010, and followed the same plan. It now has 27k on it -- miles I've thoroughly enjoyed.

This is probably every NSX owners' dream come true.

Why? It's certainly not mine.

If you are looking to buy an NSX to drive it then why "waste" the increased price associated with an NSX that has never been driven before. As soon as you start driving it the "added value" dissipates with each mile. Buy a low mileage model instead of a "non-existent" mileage one and drive it for a few thousand miles a year if you really want to try to have it retain its value.

If you have enough money to keep it as a "museum piece" then the car needs to be displayed and never driven. I don't know how many nsx owners have the "dream" to own a car that in theory should never be driven. It does appear that the OP is successful and can afford to buy a car for high prices and then simply store it but I would imagine most nsx owners just want to drive theirs rather than store it forever.

Maybe its just me but I don't see how people would dream of buying a car with the intention of never driving it. And buying a car like this with "no miles" and then driving it would seem to be equivalent to buying one of the few "inverted jenny" stamps left, licking it and sticking it on a letter and then mailing it.

Last edited:
I think in just 10 years this car will be even more rare and more valuable. Someone will pay a lot for it then. I'm sorry, no matter how much I like driving the NSX, I just would not drive this one. Even 2500 a year will ruin it the first DAY. I think this is really bad advice to say just drive the car. I am totally against garage queens normally, but this is a 49 mile car we are talking about. That is very very VERY rare. You guys saying "drive it" are just not properly seeing the value of this car. If you want to drive, buy another NSX.

I think in just 10 years this car will be even more rare and more valuable. Someone will pay a lot for it then. I'm sorry, no matter how much I like driving the NSX, I just would not drive this one. Even 2500 a year will ruin it the first DAY. I think this is really bad advice to say just drive the car. I am totally against garage queens normally, but this is a 49 mile car we are talking about. That is very very VERY rare. You guys saying "drive it" are just not properly seeing the value of this car. If you want to drive, buy another NSX.

Agree, if you have alot of money to burn, then keep this Precious piece of history wrapped up & store it in a vault or similar to what Route KS has done with all their NSX collections.
Most of us here may not be at your level of wealth but we do have alot of common sense as far as something super rare like this, so just buy a high mileage one next & beat it up all you want.

I too may want to go visit & take a look when vacationing in China sometime in the future.

Put it in a bubble in your "collection", as its likely the lowest mileage example on the planet. This is the car from Chicago, right?

Buy another one for driving.

i think in just 10 years this car will be even more rare and more valuable. Someone will pay a lot for it then. I'm sorry, no matter how much i like driving the nsx, i just would not drive this one. Even 2500 a year will ruin it the first day. I think this is really bad advice to say just drive the car. I am totally against garage queens normally, but this is a 49 mile car we are talking about. That is very very very rare. You guys saying "drive it" are just not properly seeing the value of this car. If you want to drive, buy another nsx.

+10000000

What if he listens to those of you that say to drive it, and then it gets wrecked? Mileage isn't the only thing that devalues a car like this, and it will be impossible to find another NSX with this kind of miles. I would not want that on my conscience. My advice is to NOT drive it, but if the OP wants to drive it, then it can be on his own conscience.

heck with looking at it... you spend whatever you did. is the car going to appreciate that much?

IMO if you can afford what it cost you to bring it there and own it, why not drive it? albeit minimum (<2500 miles a year) whats really your downside in China? so you have it for 4-5 years and only have 10k on it. still worth close to what you paid. If you sell it in china do you make back all the money you paid? if not, screw it drive it and enjoy it. If you wanted something to look at you should have bought a painting.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you bought the car to let it sit, you should have put your money elsewhere.

There are much wiser investments. Drive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q:
LHD or RHD?
LHD, forget about driving in HK except on a dealer T plate so there is NO worries re paying for the usual tax as its not even legal to licence for HK.
RHD: U will pay tax to licence for a set of HK plate as its not a 91/92 model which there is some exemptions.
LHD: import to China. Congrats if you can get it done legally then servicing such would be fun. Even in HK there are far and few qualified technicans who can work on the NSX. DCH is not interested in the biz and all their techicans are long gone.

Good luck but do drive the car. If U sell it decades on, a few hundreds kms would not make any difference re the price. Its not a F 250GT...

As I understand it, you cannot import and register used cars for road use into China anymore. Then again, this one is low enough miles, you could probably import it as new if you know the right people.

Would love to see it sometime, whether in Hong Kong or China!

Congratulations! What a dream. I honestly don't know what I would do with it. But if you decide to keep the car in HK I would love to see it!

Are you guys kidding? There will be a HUGE difference in value between a car that has 50 miles and one that has 10,000. And yes, it will appreciate quite a bit. I think most of you saying this are really underestimating the rarity of an 04 NSX, we are talking single or double digits worldwide depending on color combo... And in between all of those only a handful are stock, and between all of those probably one or two have this kind of mileage. In ten years when this car starts to become a collectible, this car will be worth a lot. You guys are just underestimating the rarity. Very very very few other cars had this kind of history with this kind of production numbers.

What's a realistic appreciation value in 10 years? Even for 50% appreciation ($45k) I'd instead sell it now, use $30k for an NSX you can drive and enjoy. Use $50k to buy a duplex in a nice area so your tenants pay it off also with some annual income along the way. Now in 20 years you hopefully have a 300k+ asset that cost you $50k (which is technically still yours) and an NSX with 300k+ miles and a lot of enjoyment along the way!

Sorry, don't mean to be a smart alec there. But since it was asked, that's what I would do!

Back