• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should Jetpilot get next? Steveny this is for you

RS4 or M5.

Or...buy my NSX and screw the bike.

Agree with John on this. The RS4 fits the bill very well. The Toronto communte is a killer so get one with paddle shift. Or perhaps an M3 sedan. You can't go wrong with either one.

Didn't know you moved back to Toronto. You need to come out to our next event at the yacht club. Check the regional NSXCC post. Come out to the cruise at month end also.

A lot of people are mentioning the RS4. Great car and in fact I have my eyes on one right now. I need to trade the 2 seats for 4 seats by next summer, or maybe I could just add a 4 seater :D

Agree with John on this. The RS4 fits the bill very well. The Toronto communte is a killer so get one with paddle shift. Or perhaps an M3 sedan. You can't go wrong with either one.

Didn't know you moved back to Toronto. You need to come out to our next event at the yacht club. Check the regional NSXCC post. Come out to the cruise at month end also.

Not yet...we are planning to move back for next July. I will most certainly become quite active in the Canadian club and attend NSXPO next year as well. Had to give this year a miss...

Well after some serious deliberation I'm pursuing a NSX at the moment and will pick up an STi or another well priced 4-door sedan as the daily. RS4 would be killer but it will now put me over my budget.

I'll update everyone once I know more about the NSX...

Last edited:
You saying you are going to buy another local UAE nsx before you head back home?:confused:

I hope you get a break on shipping....could'nt you save alot of dough by just waiting and buying an nsx once you get back?:confused:

For those saying RS4, are you aware of the carbon build up in those cars?

It's a real issue.

Anyway, good luck on your search for the NSX/Sti combo

How about a low mileage CTSC'd '91. No airbag in the passenger side for the "baby seat".
Say maybe black/black???
???

Looked at a RS4 before I got the M3, felt pretty vague and really heavy. We currently have an 01 Audi Allroad with 350 hp, Fast and hauls alot, 20 mpg in city traffic. 150K miles with no issues. Used Allroads are pretty inexpensive and you can get it with a V8 or possibly a V10. Saw only one with a V10 in Ann Arbor and I don't think that you could get one in the US, maybe in Canada?

Looked at a RS4 before I got the M3, felt pretty vague and really heavy. We currently have an 01 Audi Allroad with 350 hp, Fast and hauls alot, 20 mpg in city traffic. 150K miles with no issues. Used Allroads are pretty inexpensive and you can get it with a V8 or possibly a V10. Saw only one with a V10 in Ann Arbor and I don't think that you could get one in the US, maybe in Canada?

The Audi Allroad is a great idea; awesome Audi interior, hauling capacity and power. Had no idea they had 350hp. I'm on Autotrader as we speak. :biggrin:

The Audi Allroad is a great idea; awesome Audi interior, hauling capacity and power. Had no idea they had 350hp. I'm on Autotrader as we speak. :biggrin:

Factory is 250 hp but when we needed some work done on the cats (Changed to high flow metallic) we also had the car retuned. Fortunately for us, VAST performance is local. Car is retuned and with exhaust. You can go crazy and get over 500 hp, amazing that they can simply retune the car through the stock ECU. Drives smoother than stock.

For those saying RS4, are you aware of the carbon build up in those cars?

It's a real issue.

Anyway, good luck on your search for the NSX/Sti combo

Carbon Build up? How about the suspension issues! A quick $4k down the drain, and how is it that Audi only warranties its suspension for 1yr/12k miles on the RS:mad:

My mate here in Dubai has had nothing but issue after issue with his RS4.

Engine, suspension, sensors....he's been all thru it. It was almost like this car was made at 4pm before quitting time at the plant on a Friday!!!

I am really glad this thread was started. I was seriously going to buy an RS$ vert. Now looking at the CGT rag top.

You know you could always PM a pro:wink:

What about the S5? I like it but not enough horse power.

The S5 motor is a detuned version of the R8 motor. It's a beautiful car. There may be some aftermarket mods to help you get closer to 400hp, though the 354 it comes w/ isn't too shabby.

If you really like the S5 but want more power and can wait til 2012, then you should get the RS5. 450hp V8

What about the S5? I like it but not enough horse power.

I was car shopping for a friend and test drove an S5 with the V8. I thought it felt heavy and relatively slow, even in contrast to the CLK550 that won out. I think it'll be much better with the SC'ed V6 that's also in the S4.

I see a ton of A5s and S5s out here. I'd get something else.

Back