• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should Jetpilot get next? Steveny this is for you

Steveny wanted some action on the Off Topic Section...

After 2 NSX's, one 06 997, a Jeep SRT-8, 2 S2000's....I'm now car less at the moment.

I'm definitely on the fence as to whether or not I should pick up another NSX (2002-2005) or jump for another Jeep SRT-8 (new model coming out 2012) or make the jump to a more modern car (GT-R, IS-F, etc).

So what should I get?:confused:

Think about my options and keep in mind:

1. Wife will have her SUV and our weekend "to the lake vehicle" family ride
2. I'll be driving whatever car I get to work and back
3. Needs to carry my hockey bag and occasionally carry my road bike (I was thinking of having a custom rear bike hitch mounted for the NSX)
4. Traffic in Toronto will be an issue and I'm concerned about a manual (although I'm a manual purist at heart)
5. Must fulfill my "sports car, speed" kind of lust
6. Don't want a garage queen
7. Budget will be $52k or less

And go....

Meets all your needs. I had the motor worked and a SC installed. The thing is fast. Also had the suspension tightened up and BBK installed.

Attachments

• IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2187.jpg
    IMG_2187.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 82
Do those Tundras come with those headlights from the factory now?

Cam,

I say you get a CPO'd BMW M5. If you can live with the terrible mpg and small gas tank, you'll love that car. And with an aftermarket exhaust, you pretty much have an F1 sounding car in the high rpms.

Although another NSX for you would be awesome, the NSX will not meet the needs you list. Like Matt said, go BMW M5. All the sports car feel w/ four doors and room to haul stuff.

Haha...I could just imagine my wife when I brought home the MR2 Jet Car.

Steveny my father-in-law would love it if I had a Tundra as I could then be relegated to hauling crap to the lake every weekend. However, not my style. If I were considering a truck then it would be a Jeep SRT-8.

For car though the M5 would be nice but its sort of like my grandfathers car. It has the performance but doesn't peak my interest.

Hmmm....911 again with bike rack?:confused:

Steveny my father-in-law would love it if I had a Tundra as I could then be relegated to hauling crap to the lake every weekend. However, not my style. If I were considering a truck then it would be a Jeep SRT-8.

For car though the M5 would be nice but its sort of like my grandfathers car. It has the performance but doesn't peak my interest.

What about a M3 Coupe? Or a C63 AMG? Or a year or two old Cayman S and a Tacoma Pickup Truck?

For car though the M5 would be nice but its sort of like my grandfathers car.

Your grandfather sounds like a cool guy. :biggrin:
Like RJPKRP said- sounds like you may be heading down the M3 Coupe path...or maybe get back into a Porsche.

I'm kinda in the same situation as you. Been thinking about the 360 Modena or the Gallardo lately but can't really afford the unforeseen maintenance cost when it breaks. Thought about the M5 but don't really need a four door sedan however; M6 might fits your need.

How about a BMW 335i with some go-faster mods? That could be well under your budget.

I've never seen an M6 with a bike rack. It would make an ugly car look worse. Besides, you won't like the M6. I didn't like it after 6 months. It almost seemed like to me that BMW built it based on the M5.

Just get another NSX and I'll sell you my bike rack that I bought from prime member Allstar. You've seen his thread before. I no longer need it since I bought another car to transport my dog. :wink:

edit: But this time, get one that's SC'd and you won't ever think to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Do what everyone around here does when they want a fast, useful car and is used as a bike hauler. Get an STI and pocket the other $18k of your budget.

Last edited:
Audi RS4

SLK 55 AMG (don't know how big the hockey equipment is)

Hmmmm. I'll try to come up with more options for you.

How do you like Audi? Sounds like you are leaning more toward two doors vs. four. I'd suggest Audi A5 (or better yet S5, if you can find a nice one under $52k).

audi-s5.jpg

How do you like Audi? Sounds like you are leaning more toward two doors vs. four. I'd suggest Audi A5 (or better yet S5, if you can find a nice one under $52k).

audi-s5.jpg

Ok...now we are talking. The A5/S5 is an idea that I'll pocket for now...coupe, sporty, killer looks.

However, I could potentially nab a STi and an early SC NSX couldn't I?

Could that be the winning combination?:biggrin:

RS4 or M5.

Or...buy my NSX and screw the bike.

Ok...now we are talking. The A5/S5 is an idea that I'll pocket for now...coupe, sporty, killer looks.

However, I could potentially nab a STi and an early SC NSX couldn't I?

Could that be the winning combination?:biggrin:

I get a prize if this is what you pick. :biggrin:

Ariel Atom
KTM Xbow?
Viper
Z06
Classic American Muscle

GTR under $52k???? Really??

I LOVE that Tundra interior color but not so much the wood grain.

IMO, Jeep SRT 8 is NOT a truck. Truck needs atleast a bed. I'm bias though, I love my TRUCKS. Trucks, Dodge Megacab 4x4 diesel.

Last edited:
R8!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

but wont be for $52k tho...

Ariel Atom
KTM Xbow?
Viper
Z06
Classic American Muscle

GTR under $52k???? Really??

I LOVE that Tundra interior color but not so much the wood grain.

IMO, Jeep SRT 8 is NOT a truck. Truck needs atleast a bed. I'm bias though, I love my TRUCKS. Trucks, Dodge Megacab 4x4 diesel.

KTM Xbow won't carry hockey gear, neither will the Ariel or the Viper. Classics will, but you might as well buy a land yacht termed the Biarritz.

Cam, I really liked my M3 coupe I got after the NSX and had it for about a year. I don't have it anymore, back into a truck, Nissan Titan Pro-4X, which I do like a lot btw. But the M3 was pretty sweet, nice combo of luxury, techo gadgets, speed, handling. Mine was 09 with the dual clutch so you had nice combo of auto, paddle shifters or shift with console. I really liked the car a lot. To difficult to make comparison with NSX as they really are quite different, but overall the car was tough to beat(for me at least). I think it pretty much fits all your criteria, except not sure about the bike rack, but wouldn't surprise me if something out there since there is a pretty good aftermarket supply of things for these cars.

Good luck!

Back