• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would YOU like in your NSX interior?

You guys kill me. The things you harp on are like the lightest most inconsequential aspects of the interior! What is a cupholder? Like 3 ounces in total weight (and I think I'm being generous)? The mirror compass functionality is like what, a couple grams? Silliness I tell you!

I would rather not have a targa top, add all that functionality, and I would still come out ahead. Lets not forget, these should be options, those that want to be hella flush, and those that don't... :eek:

So we're all going to wish all these high end and heavy stuff only to strip and delete them out later on, right?:biggrin:

That's all I was thinking is that the more crap they put in the more I can take out. And the less the factory puts in the greater the chance of the ninnies going elsewhere. Is there a cup holder in the McLaren MP4 or the Zonda R?!

You need a cup holder get a girlfriend.

You guys kill me. The things you harp on are like the lightest most inconsequential aspects of the interior! What is a cupholder? Like 3 ounces in total weight (and I think I'm being generous)? The mirror compass functionality is like what, a couple grams?

How about a makeup mirror with dual lights? That doesn't add much weight either. I love it when a girl pulls down the visor in my NSX and sees a big airbag sticker instead... and I look over and say "it's a sports car".... "Your lipstick's a little off on the right."

Just gets me a punch in my arm and that's how I like it.

Last edited:
No tape deck, no cd player; only phone/iPod/Android sync. Stop installing outdated formats in timeless cars - the two don't work together.

Tapaderp

More headroom

Replace the entire center stack (radios, AC control, etc.) with a tablet that can connect to the cars power source and speakers; and is easily dockable/removable.

Modern steering wheel

More headroom.

Otherwise, it's amazing.

I_830358_CL_1.jpg

gary

More headroom

Replace the entire center stack (radios, AC control, etc.) with a tablet that can connect to the cars power source and speakers; .

This will never meet reliability requirements.

I do think a full featured HUD would be great for the road and track. I'd also love to see something of an integrated safety cage like Rossion uses, and an easy way to to harness and HANS, this car should have some track friendliness to it and at least SHOW intent. That has a cool factor besides being functional. It separates the car from other cars that focus on luxury items.

Either this or give us a U.S. bound R version.

Last edited:
The things you want on next gen NSX are easily installed NOW on your present NSX. I have an in-dash Kenwood DNX9980HD that provides DVD/CD/Bluetooth/Pandora/FMHD/voice responsive Navigation with 7" screen/USB/iPod via hook-up or bluetooth/........a forever list. Also installed a Gentek auto-dimming mirror with homelink/compass/temp. Why wait for 2nd generation? photo is attached........i pulled the USB cord out from under dash to show for picture ( and dog's leash )

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 102
aren't the built in tire pressure monitering devices fraut with issues? And it makes tire exchanges a pita.

aren't the built in tire pressure monitering devices fraut with issues? And it makes tire exchanges a pita.

Yes they are. One of the guys I track with has a Z06 and one of his tire pressure sensors died. Well that limits the engine RPM's and ruined his track event - UHG! I'd suggest a system not tied into the ECU!

Last edited:
More headroom

Modern LED backlit gauges and console lighting

Accurate oil pressure and oil temp gauges

CCU that does not die

NSX-R seat shells + alcantara

Tighter steering ratio

Modern integrated navi + audio system (RDX, anyone?)

Black and Ivory option revived. :D

GPS but with a built-in lap timer pre-programmed with tracks of the world along with g-meter and all the analytics to debrief me on my most recent track session.

Kind of like the apps I can get for my iPhone.

Please leave out lane drift warnings, blind spot warnings, adaptive cruise control, auto brake assist, and anything that does things for me. I want to drive the car myself, thank you very much. Save these for the unwashed masses, those that don't really DRIVE, but just point the car between the lines while they are talking on their cell phones.

(OK, you can leave the ABS.)

As much as I hate to admit it, the future is already here, so an option for a true manual (clutch pedal, shifter) or a manu-matic with either a single- or double-clutch transmission, but with minimal automatic activation, but NO automatic shifting whatsoever if in manual mode, not to upshift at redline. OK, I can live with an override for downshifts if the driver selects a gear that would over-rev the motor, but no other automated shifter aids.

Oh, and better interior lighting.

Okay, my short wish list:
  1. Useable cupholders. Right, shoot me for wanting them, but I do.
  2. Heated seats. Feels good to a sore back regardless.
  3. Door pockets. Use 'em in my other car all the time.
  4. Some attempt at rear shelf storage. Net? Clasp lidded leather bags?
  5. Driver and passenger lights (separate) like roof lamps in a 911.
  6. Ipod hookup something easy, obvious.
  7. <Trunk> Fitted NSX luggage
Hope this helps. Happy to be the beta tester for any of this!

Last edited:
If somehow they could put more information up where you're looking out on the windshield. A next gen heads up display.

This area would have info you could choose say tach/rpm/speed/temp etc.,
and another section that shows left, center and right rearward. This would eliminate all three mirrors.

I also like how the Onstar Nav works in my new Chevy. I thought having no screen with no map would stink but now I like it better. It speaks turn by turn and displays each turn change on the radio face. (heads up again?) Now I find a map distracting.

It works so well with my Iphone. I speak the address into the Iphone and it loads the directions via satellite into my car.

Get in the car and it says "ready to go to"..... I like it.

-led digital display like the lexus isf. that be sick. Turn it on and it say NSX then all the gauges pop up.
-more head room (I can say that being as tall as I am and literally sitting on the frame of the seat with no cushion)
-more white/red combos :)
-am i the first to say a turbo or sc from the factory. Perferably the turbo.
-some how make the metal keys work or do that wireless thing where the keys are in your pocket and you just push the start button.

If somehow they could put more information up where you're looking out on the windshield. A next gen heads up display.

This area would have info you could choose say tach/rpm/speed/temp etc.,
and another section that shows left, center and right rearward. This would eliminate all three mirrors.

I also like how the Onstar Nav works in my new Chevy. I thought having no screen with no map would stink but now I like it better. It speaks turn by turn and displays each turn change on the radio face. (heads up again?) Now I find a map distracting.

It works so well with my Iphone. I speak the address into the Iphone and it loads the directions via satellite into my car.

Get in the car and it says "ready to go to"..... I like it.

now you got me thinking.......hows about a little bannana on a stick dispenser:tongue:

• Driver selectable suspension settings (i.e. tour, sport, track, etc.)
  • Driver selectable traction control (i.e. launch, wet, dry, track, off, etc.)
  • Paddle shifters
  • Double screen "infotainment" system (i.e. GPS/back up camera on one screen, user selectable gauges/music info on the other)
  • Driver seat/mirror location memory x2

Mine was just right.....Then I sold it!

:confused:

DSC02573.JPG

[I]*Ztoolman sub under passenger footwell.[/I]

Last edited:
Back