• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's a Fair Price? 2004 NSX

Hey fellow Ohioan!

I'm guessing your talking about the one Marshall has?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...3285150?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5ae83bba9e

Is it a fair price? Hmmm Probably on the higher side going off the past year or two BUT seeing all these 04-05 for 70+ I would say it is "ok"

Call them offer them 65 and see what happens? Worth a shot. Have you gone to see the car? Had a PPI done?

EDIT: A quick search of the VIN and it looks like the car was just sold at the same dealer in May. And now offered for sale again.. I would inquire as to why? And maybe ask them what it sold for last time? First owner ( per carfax ) was listed as commercial. Now that does not mean it was a rental or something but most likely a business owner purchased it in the company name for tax purposes deeming it a commercial sale/owner.

Last edited:
Yes, it is Marshall's.

I haven't looked at it. I only live about 30 minutes away. I was thinking $65,000 as well. There is an 05 on Cars.Com for $62,000 - A little more miles, but that doesn't bother me.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=3

Hey fellow Ohioan!

I'm guessing your talking about the one Marshall has?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...3285150?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5ae83bba9e

Is it a fair price? Hmmm Probably on the higher side going off the past year or two BUT seeing all these 04-05 for 70+ I would say it is "ok"

Call them offer them 65 and see what happens? Worth a shot. Have you gone to see the car? Had a PPI done?

There are very few 02-05's available with less than 20k miles. Remember, they are not building them anymore and they didn't build many in these years in the first place.

If you could buy it for $65k I'd take it an run. This is going to be a $70k plus car so long as the miles stay low.

Rare cars like these just don't lose value. I suspect you could drive it for a few years and sell it for what you paid for it...or at least very close. How many pleasures in life afford this type of cash flow opportunity?

Last edited:
gfinger - From my "poop sheet" I believe this NSX began its life in FL then went to IA. Photos look good - appears all OEM and as if it never wore a front lic plate (a bonus!).
I agree with other Primers above - perhaps a tad on the high side at $68.5 but $65 K would be a very fair price. From what I read about Goldman, they don't budge a whole lot.
Silverstone/silver interior is sooooo tasty! :biggrin:
Hit I-77 North/I-271 N and go have a look at it - that will seal the deal for you.
Best!

Car sure looks clean and good - low mileage - I would think anywhere in the 65k to 67k ballpark is a good deal. Would think it would certainly hold that value well into the future. Good luck and let us know. Jay

Could be my imagination but th car looks like it has been lowered a bit. Looks very clean. Nsx's have begun to appreciate a bit since the recession. Clean cars are very hard to find now..

Looks lowered to me too

IMO decide if you like it and then try to get a good price, but don't let $3500 stand between you and the car you want. Finding a sib 20k NSX in the year and color pattern that you want is no easy task.

Mine with 44k miles if I stripped it to stock I'd list for 63k and shoot for 60k prob. Now as is like 68k with turbo, wheels, ect.

The dealer didn't get back to me as I had a trade-in to work with.

Also, it appears that it is STILL FOR SALE; just not listed on eBay - But still on ATC and Cars.Com for $72,900

Would be nice to hear from the O P after he solicited advice.
That said, sure hope he saw it and bought it. :smile:

Back