• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's everyones music favorites?

I listen to Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins. Those two may be my favorites. But I like a lot of stuff. Anything that's Rock music is okay with me.

Progressive Metal.

1. Dream Theater
2. Symphony X
3. Shadow Gallery
4. Pain of Salvation
5. Fates Warning
6. Liquid Tension Experiment (which is basically Dream Theater)

I also listen to Jazz (Dave Weckl, David Sanborn, Spyro Gyra) and some classical.

I can listen to almost anything if the musicians are talented. I'm not wild about most of the new stuff though. Ever since modern rock got rid of the guitar solo I have been disinterested. Three minute songs can get a band on the radio, but that's just not long enough to make a complete song in my opinion. Most of Dream Theater's stuff is 7 to 13 minutes long. One song is 23 minutes. Consequently, their songs don't make it on the radio, but that's OK with me. I am encouraged by what has been happening in metal within the last few months, though. Can't wait for alternative to go away.

I do like Creed, though.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
9000 miles
No Mods

hey number six, yeah baby

jackson browne and the band

i sing running on empty and the weight to my kyd every single night. he loves it. its the going to bed songs every evening. especially the bands the weight.

nice to know im not the only one out there(especially since im only 35 and everybody i know doesnt know who the band is) put the weight, you put the weight, back on me

Ozzy kicks a## (would love to have a beer w/ that guy)

Joe Satriani is a master and (phenomenal artist)

My local friend Dave Mustaine is kickin some local AZ butt along w/ Al Pitrelli from my earliest guitar teachings in NYC. (MEGADEATH)

Iron Maiden Tour of 84,(Piece of Mind)

Steve Via (of course)

And lets not forget Queensryche w/ Jeff Tate his exellent vocal range

Yngvai Maulmstien(Great chops,extremely talented) personally an as%$%le ,youd know what I mean if you met him.He bleeds complete arrogance and definatly a role model of how to be one of the best and so nasty no-one will work w/ you.Thus a financial failure.
He literally threw his guitar @ his roadie on stage(because it was slightly out of tune when prepped) in NY at the concert I went to.And that was when he was being nice
smile.gif

------------------

CD

1.Mix of my favorite GNR
2.BT "ESCM"
3.Jamie O'Neal "Shiver" (highly recommonded)
4.Mix of my favorite Sarah McLachlan
5.Mix of Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Trick Pony, Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban
6.Paul Oakenfold mixes

Back